2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received the engine error code P0341 - Camshaft Position Sensor , and found this was due to a stretched Timing Chain.

Decided to film the process at it was quite a big job. I welcome any comments and feedback. Also look out for the additional PDF instructions in the video description.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Only watched a few mins so far but looks a good video thanks for the upload, I like the way it has been illustrated.

·
UKDM
779 Posts
Good vid, might want to link it in to how to section

I believe honda have a list of things to check when a car has been over revved not all throw an error code

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh, didn't see that forum. Is it best a Mod to move this thread or should I create a new one?

I tried swapping the Camshaft Position Sensors first but I still received the error after half a day. I took it Honda and they confirmed the chain was stretched. In the video I compare the old and new one.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
How long did the job take start to finish?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd say 5-6 hours overall, split over 3 days. We had to stop to get different parts like the O-rings and bigger breaker bar as we broke some smaller tools trying to undo the bolt :)

We were learning as we were going. I'd say you could do it in 3 hours if you know exactly what your doing and have all the parts and equipment at hand. I learnt a lot watching my dad :).

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
lol, that breaker bar you had on the crank pulley looked enormous :D

Nice job!

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
They are tight buggers to crack the first time. The one I used had 3 of us on it to force it open.

Tighening torque is something like 35ft/lb plus a quarter off the top of my head but because of engine rotation they self tighten over time.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
:laugh: Sounds like it... I had to double take on that 12ft pole rod of a breaker bar in the video.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts