1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Things you will need:
A Flat Screwdriver

Driver Wiper Blade(P/N 76622-SMG-E11)

Passenger Wiper Blade(P/N 76632-SNA-A01)

Step 1: Lift the wiper arm up.

Step 2: Insert the screwdriver in the gap where the wiper cap is and gently move the screwdriver toward the top of the blade, this will pop the cap off.

It should look like this when you loosen the cap off

Step 3: Extend the wiper blade to allow you to press the lever that is underneath.

Step 4: While holding the top of the wiper blade press the lever and pull the blade down gently and the blade should slide off.

Step 5: Pull the rubber end of the end of the wiper blade where the word "TIP" is written on the wiper insert while pulling the insert out.

Step 6:Now you will also have the 2 insert reinforcement strips with that insert(DO NOT LOSE THESE)

Step 7:Now install the Reinforcement strips in the new insert.

Step 8:You may have to sit the strips before you slide the new insert back into the blade housing.

Step 9:Reinstall the blade into the arm and push up when it sits into the groove.

Step 10:After it clicks in, give a slight pull down to make sure it is locked in, then install the cap.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Needing to replace my driver's side, I enquired with the dealer who informed me that you can now no longer purchase the blade and mount separately in the UK; they come as a single unit.

It was £10.99 for the driver's blade and mount - all you need to do is follow the "unclip" and "clip" sections of the above guide to replace.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The want to charge me in the Netherlands 25 euro for one wiperblade....
For blade and mouth i have to pay 50 euro each.
To expencive in my opinion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You don't need to take blade of the car. You can change it fitted on the car, it takes 3min. Just go to dealer, take parts and insert them right there, no problem at all, only the price. I need to change them twice a year, because of bad roads and lot of sand on the windscreen. After 5 years I needed to change complete wiper blade, old one was not working correctly even with new insert.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
thanks for this guide & the part numbers. Helped me replaced my squealing wipers. now I can enjoy my drive in the rain :D

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Has anyone purchased the Bosch Aerotwins as replacement instead? If so, is it a straight replacement just like the OEM?

Anyone tried the Aerotwin before and know if it's better/worse than the OEM Honda blades?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I purchased Bosch Aerotwin for my Civic (5D, MY2007) three years ago. They are a straight replacement for the OEM. 3 minutes job (for each side).

Regarding their performance, they lasted on my car little less thar a year. At the beginning, they performed flawlessly (let's say for 5-6 months). Usually I use two sets of wipers - one set for spring, summer, autumn and other set for winter. Why? Because on some roads in my country there is a large amount of mud and other things that come on the windshield and I didn't find until now a set of wipers able to last for more than one a half - two years.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.