2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Remove dash.:- Ref. Wiki. Replace facia with the Type R glare & scratch free one.

Remove 2 screws from cluster.

Ease cluster forward and unclip connector.

Remove 3 screws and unclip rear cover,3 each side and 1 each end, and remove cover.

Unclip and remove front screen, 3 clips each side.

Unclip and remove kmh/mph knob.

Remove dimmer knob, mind the spring does not fly off.

Unclip 2 tacho connectors on the back.

Pull / lever off tacho.

Lever off rev needle.

Remove inlay and carefully lever off centre plastic.

Lever off fuel and temp needles.

Remove inlay, lift up from the 2 clips in the middle first,then carefully prise up with a trim tool.

All parts stripped down.

Strip down 2nd cluster and reassemble in reverse sequence, replacing the original inlays,needles and tacho with the Type R ones

My apologies for photos being at the end, but could not add to the relevant section.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi,

im trying this also but how do you unclip the mileage screen? do you squeeze the base of the screen?

sorry ive tried and dont was to break it with to much force.

thanks!

jav.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the late reply, i just swapped the complete unit over so did not unclip the screen, just removed the two connections at the back and gently levered it off, hope this helps.

Mick

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi,

do you have any before & after photos of the cluster? how about the RPM readings after, is it accurate (8000 vs 9000 inlay for the typeR)?

thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for the how to and the pics.

I’ve just bought a new visor. How easy is it to unclip the original and replace with the new? Do I need to remove the mph dial as an example?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi

This just wants I'm looking for. I need to replace the pot of the dimmer but not sure how to get it stipped down to get the circuit board out. How do you remove the needles, if they're a certain way to get them off without bending or breaking them, and what about the position to put them back on?

Thanks, Dan

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used a small trim tool to gently lever the needles off and replaced them back in the same position, you could put a bit of tape on the inlays and mark the needle positions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good job you mentioned that as from others iv seen you wind the needle counter-clockwise and it comes off that way, I would have broken my needle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts