2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

How to tell if FN2 has a LSD fitted

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Ray_S 
#1 ·
Good evening all,

I'm curious about how my car handles. When accelerating through a corner, I feel the car pull towards the apex of the bend (either left or right depending on corner direction). It's a very noticeable feeling. I can't imagine why my 07 plate would have a LSD from factory, so wondering whether it has had one fitted as an upgrade.

Are there any other ways to tell? Or, is this what everyone else feels when cornering in non-LSD equipped cars?

Thanks for any advice. (y)

#2 ·
Do a little wheelspin to see if it leaves 11s, if it does you most likely have an LSD, if it leaves a single line then you don't. A quick and simple way to tell. Another way is to leave a tight junction or roundabout in 1st/2nd with a heavy foot and see whether it just lights up the inside wheel or whether it pulls you out. You may get a little wheelspin with an LSD but the wheel will feel heavy and want to drag you in tighter as you've already described.

Reactions: Mugen_fd2
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.