2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you "thank" people on the threads ??
I've just noticed the new thanks section

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
How do you "thank" people on the threads ??
I've just noticed the new thanks section
Bottom right of each post (except your own) is a pink thumbs up button with a caption saying "Thanks".

Click it. :D

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bottom right of each post (except your own) is a pink thumbs up button with a caption saying "Thanks".

Click it. :D
Nice One FWH, cheers
Should have spotted that :oops:

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes Ive notice and used it a couple of time already great addition to the forum
Great Photo's on your web sites, AU CTR
Some nice Mini's shown there :cool: but the CTR stands out well [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Can we have a "crap reply" option too [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

As far as I can see, that is not supported by the software.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Surely it would have to be withdrawn later....like negative feedback on Ebay...:rolleyes:

If someone is rubbish then its obviously better to just keep it quiet rathe than deal with it...EBAY sarcastic whinge...as Civinfo is FAB !!

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
A quick note about the Thanks system:

It's designed to allow someone to express thanks without having to clutter up a thread with a one word post. It also is nice for those posters who may not post much or often to get a high thanks count for the good stuff they do post.

Unfortunately the system is open to abuse. Colluding with your friend to thank each other for random posts is not what the system is about, and anyone doing this will have the ability to place thanks removed. They will, of course, still be able to receive thanks.

There is also a limit on the number of thanks you can give in a day, and certain forum sections do not support the thanks feature at all.

Moderators can and will also remove thanks, if it's clearly a mistake or abuse (like thanking the auto posting bot, who is a PHP script and just doesn't need thanking).

Finally, as rmh999 says, there is no "groan" option, because I don't think we need a mechanism to communicate negativity. Poor posts are best just ignored.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
A quick note about the Thanks system:

It's designed to allow someone to express thanks without having to clutter up a thread with a one word post. It also is nice for those posters who may not post much or often to get a high thanks count for the good stuff they do post.

Unfortunately the system is open to abuse. Colluding with your friend to thank each other for random posts is not what the system is about, and anyone doing this will have the ability to place thanks removed. They will, of course, still be able to receive thanks.

There is also a limit on the number of thanks you can give in a day, and certain forum sections do not support the thanks feature at all.

Moderators can and will also remove thanks, if it's clearly a mistake or abuse (like thanking the auto posting bot, who is a PHP script and just doesn't need thanking).

Finally, as rmh999 says, there is no "groan" option, because I don't think we need a mechanism to communicate negativity. Poor posts are best just ignored.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
An explanation of "mutual thanking":

It's where you and your friend decide to "thank" a load of each others posts, so you can both artificially rise up the "Top Thanked" list.

The software spots it and alerts me, and it's really easy to see after running a couple of queries.

So please don't do it - it just spoils the validity of the system for others.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Why is this? There have been a couple of times recently I would have liked to say thank you in off topic (seeing as that is where I spent most of my time annoying people) [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

Yes but you are lovely with it and don`t forget, Eastbourne is waiting for you:D:D

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Why is this? There have been a couple of times recently I would have liked to say thank you in off topic (seeing as that is where I spent most of my time annoying people) [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

Hi TC, some members decided to thank each other unnecessarily and bumped up their tally (trying to catch Pottsy I bet).

In the same way 'posts' don't count in that section. I guess because a lot of members just post a 'smilie' as a reply. :-D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts