2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly you have to prepare your photos. Trying to post photos straight from the camera just won't work - they're far too big. For posting photos in a forum, they need to be small.

Use a photo editing program (Paint Shop Pro, or the Gimp which is free) to open the photo. Reduce the size to 640x480, then do a bit of sharpening. Save this as a new jpg file. This new small file is the one to upload.

OR

Use an online tool such as http://www.picnik.com. You can upload your photo, resize it to 640 x 480, apply sharpening (10 seems about right), and then save as a jpg (quality 8 is good).

Now, in a new post or having pressed "Post Reply" (not "Quick Reply"), you will see the attachments button (it's a little paperclip):

post1.png

This will open the attachments window:

post2.png

Click Browse and browse to the photo. Double check that the photo is 800 wide or less (640 is good) and less than 256Kb. Click on the photo name and press open.

post3.png

Then press upload and the photo will appear in the "Current attachments". You can browse and upload several times to add several photos.

post4.png

When you're done, press "Close this window" and the list of photos will appear underneath your message:

post5.png

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's an advanced tip.

Load up your attachments so you have a list, ready to post. Hover over the link to your attachment, and you'll see, in the url, an "attachmentid". This id is a number (I've just done one and it's 562).

Now, in your post put the following code, anywhere you like in the text:

[attach]562._xfImport[/attach]

and you get the attachment in the post like this:

post3.png

and not grouped together at the end.

So you can re-order them and bung them in the text. Happy days!

All taken from the FAQ (link at the top of the page).

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Got to have a go at that...

Donkey.jpg

In case you wonder its a cigarette dispenser, seem to have lost that in the move too. The fags come out of its bum.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's an advanced tip.

Load up your attachments so you have a list, ready to post. Hover over the link to your attachment, and you'll see, in the url, an "attachmentid". This id is a number (I've just done one and it's 562).

Now, in your post put the following code, anywhere you like in the text:

[attach]562[/attach]

OR

Having uploaded the files, when your cursor is where you want to insert the picture, click on the paperclip again and pick the image you want to drop into the post. Magic!

inserting_attach.gif

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Got some movie files ending in .wmv

Can they be bunged on the site please?

"Money makes money, and the money money makes makes money!"

Charles H.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Thank You FWH,
but this is not what i meant.

Don't know if it possible with vbulletin.
With other PHP boards You can link for ex. the pictures from Your personal album with
Code:
[album]1[/album] [album]2[/album]
for picture 1, 2 etcin an thread.

Just thinking to reduce the server load instead of uploading same pictures in each thread where you will use them.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Thank You FWH,
but this is not what i meant.

Don't know if it possible with vbulletin.
With other PHP boards You can link for ex. the pictures from Your personal album with
Code:
[album]1[/album] [album]2[/album]
for picture 1, 2 etcin an thread.

Just thinking to reduce the server load instead of uploading same pictures in each thread where you will use them.
The Insert Image button does just this.
It is the paper clip button that uploads.

Or am I missing something?

I assume the Insert Image button actually creates some code, just not sure what it is.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
You are right,
but You have to copy and paste each hyperlink from the album one by one even if You know the numbers from your images in your album, because each link is different probably not only by the number, or?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts