2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first thing I did is remove center console. 2 screws at the front sides and 2 at the back side. These are under little covers

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then I lifted the console out, three spring clips around the front to pull carefully out. Disconnect the cig lighter, solder on the leads to the back of the lighter spades m,aking sure the connector can go back on.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep poking it under the edge of the trim to get to the pedal area.
Notice my ally foot rest on an SE. An extra that shouldnt be there. ty Honda

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
remove the under dash panel by first lifting of the dash end panel held there with several spring clips. Be carefull not to scratch the plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
feed the lead behind all the pedal bits and tye wrap it out the way you dont want it coming down while driving. Then I attached a ci lighter socket on the end with a 5 amp in line fuse and tye wraped it up above the fuse area so it can be accessed with the panenls refitted. Sorry this pic is a bit fuzzy.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You then have to rebuild your car!!!
The end result is worth it the bit of cable you see in this pic is the only exposed cable there is, and I can disconnect it without taking the car apart if I need to.
This is my PPC/phone/sat nav. O2 XDAIIi

Attachments

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Very nice, good job T-t.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Can I ask why you picked up your 12v from the console rather than directly from the fusebox which is where you located your female cigar socket?

·
Registered
102 Posts
which is exactly what i was wondering, it isnt to hard to find a 12v feed with a multimeter. n u listen to the eagle. lol so do i haha

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just wanted to keep all the cig sockets on one circuit. There is going to be another on the other side soon

·
Registered
102 Posts
Had a spare cigar socket fitted in the glove compartment, powers mobile and satnav. and can't be seen from outside.

This was done by the FOC dealer before I collected it

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I followed the first 3 photos but then I drilled a little hole in the under armrest storage area; fed the wire through there and I have 4 spare cig sockets in that area for a selection of my chargers.

·
Administrator
21,099 Posts
Which is exactly the same routing that I am considering.

I have a TomTom with spoken camera alerts that I intend to locate and power from within the armrest area.

That will avoid having to use the fragile ciggy socket and also avoid loose wires.

Proper Job :)

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
It's dead easy; i've got photos of mine somewhere, will dig them out.

·
Administrator
21,099 Posts
Excellent, thanks.

Not collecting car till Saturday but it's one of the jobs on the list for a later date.

I've already got the TomTom One alternative mounting kit which provides loads of possibilities and I don't need to mount the TomTom in any line of sight as I solely intend to use the verbal camera warnings setup.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts