2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/girls

I've just bought a 2008 civic type r, in red, 56k fsh....seen sense and converted from VAG!

I picked it up from the garage on Friday, over thr weekend I've noticed what I would call excessive road noise at >35mPh and a strange sensation when braking to a stoP... Like I'm pulsing my foot on the pedal , only really noticeable <15mph .

Any ideas? I'd like to go clued up to the garage!

I've a bit of mechanical experience, but mainly electrical.

Nath
North Wales

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Hello and welcome.

It's not the ABS kicking in by any chance is it? Other than that it could be warped discs.

Excessive road noise could be down to the type of tyre you have on or worn tyres if the blocks have become stepped. Try swapping the wheels from side to side i.e. left onto the right etc. If it goes away it's the latter

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Maybe the brakes haven´t been used properly for a while. Try a bit of spirited drive and brake firmer and harder than you might normally do.

Or it could be as Loxy says.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I have the brake thing at the mo but im sure its the front discs and/or pads, easily replaced so wouldn't worry to much as for road noise could be a number of things, check tread across entire width of the tire and maybe get wheel alignment checked

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Hello and welcome.

It's not the ABS kicking in by any chance is it? Other than that it could be warped discs.
^what he said^

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hey guys/girls

I've just bought a 2008 civic type r, in red, 56k fsh....seen sense and converted from VAG!

I picked it up from the garage on Friday, over thr weekend I've noticed what I would call excessive road noise at >35mPh and a strange sensation when braking to a stoP... Like I'm pulsing my foot on the pedal , only really noticeable <15mph .

Any ideas? I'd like to go clued up to the garage!

I've a bit of mechanical experience, but mainly electrical.

Nath
North Wales
You don't get this on the NHB CTR ;)
On a serious note just take it back to the garage and get them to sort it does sound like the disc IMO.
And of corse welcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your help guys!

I'm gonna jack up the front tonight, get the dti gauge out and have a look, least then when I go back to the garage they can't fob me off!

I've made a start on a sub enclose,fibre glass, can anybody recommend anywhere but eBay for the matting? I've got an alpine mrpm500 amp and a focal subwoofer to start.

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Hi mate,

When i first got my car i had the same problem.

I believe that as the car hadn't been driven in a few months the discs had collected some rust and general muck.

For a couple of weeks my brakes kept on makin odd noises but soon cleaned off and they were then perfect up until a few weeks ago when i changed them :)

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Thanks for your help guys!

I'm gonna jack up the front tonight, get the dti gauge out and have a look, least then when I go back to the garage they can't fob me off!

I've made a start on a sub enclose,fibre glass, can anybody recommend anywhere but eBay for the matting? I've got an alpine mrpm500 amp and a focal subwoofer to start.
Welcome mate.

Try posting your question in the ICE section, some clever folk on here that'll be able to help. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts