2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks like being the best mobile device in the coming months and may opt for it over an iPhone 3GS: but anyone know whether it is going to be compatible with the HFT system? Thanks

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
This looks like being the best mobile device in the coming months and may opt for it over an iPhone 3GS: but anyone know whether it is going to be compatible with the HFT system? Thanks
Perhaps the best if you must have 'Windows Mobile' OS ...

It does have the same "HTC Sense" interface as the Hero (that I have) which has the 'Google Android' OS, so I'd certainly expect it to be equally all-singing and all-dancing ...

Bluetooth-wise, I'd not expect any HFT compatibility \ connection issues, but since the HD2 isn't released yet, no-one has obviously been able to try it ! ...

p.s. - still time to reconsider - I've compared HTC mobiles at work (company issue) that use Windows Mobile OS, and Google Android OS beats it "hands-down" ...

Look in here ...

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/any-non-civic-chat-here-please/32043-smartphones-clones-2.html#post501494

·
Registered
380 Posts
hi, i do not have hft in my car but the hd2 is just windows mobile 6.5 with some cosmetic tuneups.
windows mobile 6.5, as well, is windows mobile 6.1 with some cosmetic tuneups.
therefore if windows mobile 6.1 smartphones work ok with hft even the hd2 will.

I can say that I have tried a hd2 rom on my hd and the pairing with my mki9200 worked flawlessly (in fact, it didn't even re-download the phonebook)

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
I can say that I have tried a hd2 rom on my hd and the pairing with my mki9200 worked flawlessly (in fact, it didn't even re-download the phonebook)
I have an HD, can you actually put the new HD2 rom onto it??

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Its meant to be good, however if I was getting rid of my iPhone then I would want an Android based phone as opposed to a windows based one. The Hero is a fantastic phone!!

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
I have an iphone too, the HD and iphone both have their merits and weaknesses

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have an iphone too, the HD and iphone both have their merits and weaknesses
mate sorry if i read just now, you can mount whatever custom rom you want (included ones which have packages and OS from the hd2), goto Blackstone - xda-developers and start reading thoroughfully...

word of warning though, the hd2 roms are meant to work in a 1ghz processor, which is almost twice as much as the speed of the original hd. therefore, do not expect a warpspeed device. if you want sheer speed i suggest you try topix series, featuring the same touchflo3d as the diamond2/rhodium2.

should you need help or other info, just get in touch :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts