2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on YouTube. Quite interesting and new to me if we have these on our civics. Helpful aid when jacking up for oil changes etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,042 Posts
My manual recommends rotating the wheels regularly but then doesn't give you the jack or tools to do it.

I've also noticed that they don't do it on annual services because I know each wheel by it's balance weights.

·
4,369 Posts
I know mine by name K. They are called FL, FR, RL and RR Easily identified by the kerbing marks.:wink3:

·
Super Moderator
21,042 Posts
My tyres have all still got the little rubber 'strings' on them as they've never been near the kerb :)

It takes me as long to clean the wheels properly as it does to wash the rest of the car so I also know them on first name terms.

·
Super Moderator
2,259 Posts
if you go to some country's you have to carry a spare bulb kit in case you have 1 blow im a big believer that you should carry a spare wheel in case of puncture

there is far to many hold ups on the roads without having a car block the road for over a hour while a tow truck or mobile tyre fitter comes out

I know they are trying to stop you doing a roadside tyre change but why should you wait while someone is called out when you can change your own in under 10 mins

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
USDM Alarm!

As far as I can tell, from this document at least: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C5Lc1hi9ieIN_J3Qic91CqUKJ1eIpexa/view?usp=sharing

There are only the sill jacking points - Nothing central / underneath. How exactly one is meant to support with axle stands? Not too sure!

I knew of the four under sills and the rear jacking point. Just realised I'm sure my under tray covers all that area. But until I get her out of garage on 2nd for trip to dealer I'm not 100% sure. It's a good idea though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,259 Posts
all about saving money rather than economy for the dealers
id rather carry a spare than get ripped off by emergency callout fee
guidelines now are call aa/rac even if you have a spare in the car

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
I carry a couple of cans of Tyre Weld, the Gunk that Honda provide although never used, looks like a bit of a polava to use. I'm ok for a puncture with Tyre Weld but goosed if it's a tear or blow out.

Make sure it isn't a rip or burst tyre or rip when using Tyre Weld as I know from experience that you can get covered in the stuff.

·
Super Moderator
2,259 Posts
good luck in case of a puncture
id say its about 75/25 in favour the tyre weld wont work

if its a slow with the foreign body still in your usually ok but anything more then good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts