2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
Civic type R Championship white
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So my builds taken a slight nose dive! Snapped a manifold stud.. took all the correct procedures to try and avoid it but I guess age and heat cycles got the best of it.

I’ve attempted to get at it after removing the cam cover, Vtec solenoid and surrounding bits. Just ended up chewing it with my stud extractor 😤

it’s being picked up next week to have the engine dropped so they can probably get at it straight on and not cause damage to the head or snap it off flush, which would result in having to send the head off to be drilled and helicoiled.

so oh the joys!

Anyway it’s an opportunity to get some pre super charger pre parts fitted!
Finger Personal protective equipment Metal Fashion accessory Circle

Tire Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Gas Automotive lighting Tints and shades Wood

Automotive tire Bumper Rim Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Hand Gesture Finger Thumb Wood

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Exhaust has just arrived from Japan!
We have a 70mm twin exit 4 silencer version invidia q300

😏

Plastic wrap Natural material Plastic Packing materials Transparency

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Big job to get this broken manifold stud out so it’s going into a local garage on Wednesday to have the engine dropped to get access to it..
absolute ball ache but an excuse to replace some necessities for preventative maintenance.
We have:
Honda Crank pulley and bolt
Inlet and exhaust manifold gaskets
Stainless hardware and new manifold studs
Honda thermostat and coolant
Honda Oil pressure switch
Cam cover gasket kit and Honda bond
Oil and filter
Poly engine mount inserts
The full black silicone hose kit.

Just stuck my stage 2 marlin on so the emissions light isn’t triggered when they get it running again.. bloody cars 😂

Sunglasses Material property Luggage and bags Bag Everyday carry

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Update. Tried welding a nut to the stud and they both didn’t have the tensile strength to crack the stud.
So unfortunately it’s been flat bedded to Dynodaze for Richard to have the head off!

All this for a bolt! 😫
Road surface Font Circle Gas Automotive lighting

Head Eye Cloud Water Automotive tire

·
Registered
2010 Milano Red FN2 Type R GT #R22063
375 Posts
So unfortunately it’s been flat bedded to Dynodaze for Richard to have the head off!
I KNEW IT. I saw that plate on their website feed and swore it was yours.

I've got my FN2 booked in at them on the 13th of next month to have 4x calipers (two of mine are starting to stick), EBC Yellowstuff pads front and rear, new discs all round and HEL braided brake hoses fitted.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

I KNEW IT. I saw that plate on their website feed and swore it was yours.

I've got my FN2 booked in at them on the 13th of next month to have 4x calipers (two of mine are starting to stick), EBC Yellowstuff pads front and rear, new discs all round and HEL braided brake hoses fitted.
Ahaha yeah Daz the devil is having heart surgery atm 😂.

I had all my brakes done too the same last Jan with a full refresh! I only went for red stuff pads but it makes a heck of a difference running a better brake setup! You’ll love yellows they bite so damn good.

·
Registered
375 Posts
View attachment 325468

Ahaha yeah Daz the devil is having heart surgery atm 😂.

I had all my brakes done too the same last Jan with a full refresh! I only went for red stuff pads but it makes a heck of a difference running a better brake setup! You’ll love yellows they bite so damn good.
I've seen, that bolt issue is a proper nasty one fella, hopefully Richard can work his magic and extract it with minimal pain.

I'm looking forward to the brake refresh, my car is totally stock but I've always felt the stopping power of that middle pedal wasn't quite enough. The brakes in Pitlane's 1.4 Type S seem so much better, possibly because of the lower difference between power and braking performance. I've just got to try and keep my inner Max Power at bay, and not start ticking boxes in the Dynodaze catalogue, I want to keep mine as stock as is practical.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I've seen, that bolt issue is a proper nasty one fella, hopefully Richard can work his magic and extract it with minimal pain.

I'm looking forward to the brake refresh, my car is totally stock but I've always felt the stopping power of that middle pedal wasn't quite enough. The brakes in Pitlane's 1.4 Type S seem so much better, possibly because of the lower difference between power and braking performance. I've just got to try and keep my inner Max Power at bay, and not start ticking boxes in the Dynodaze catalogue, I want to keep mine as stock as is practical.
good on you mate, I was going to keep mine stock but I got the bug after going out in a rottrex super sport equipped FN

·
Registered
375 Posts
good on you mate, I was going to keep mine stock but I got the bug after going out in a rottrex super sport equipped FN
Trust me, its not that I don't want to. In an ideal world I'd have two, one stock purist model and one full banzai barely road legal, like yours, but my pockets aren't deep enough for those shenanigans. Plus this was supposed to be for commuting, so dumping my mpg into the low teens isn't really a great idea either :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I don't know if you've seen them, but Tegiwa sell a Spoon billet aluminium brake kit that looks pretty awesome.
Spoon monoblocks already got my eyes firmly on them 😂
Be good if spoon blue wasn’t the only colour they came in though my brand new rears are red.
I think the spoon ones use the standard disk and pad too?

for less money these are definitely top of my list unless anyone has any bad reviews on them.
bigger (included with the kit) rotors and pads, 6 piston vs spoons 4.
Red in colour and a bit cheaper.

I mean I can see them likely being overkill on an N/A car, but on a 350+ bhp booster..

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Font Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Trust me, its not that I don't want to. In an ideal world I'd have two, one stock purist model and one full banzai barely road legal, like yours, but my pockets aren't deep enough for those shenanigans. Plus this was supposed to be for commuting, so dumping my mpg into the low teens isn't really a great idea either :ROFLMAO:
Thankfully this is 100% a toy, I have another vehicle for work but mostly just work from home.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Spoon monoblocks already got my eyes firmly on them 😂
Be good if spoon blue wasn’t the only colour they came in though my brand new rears are red.
I think the spoon ones use the standard disk and pad too?

for less money these are definitely top of my list unless anyone has any bad reviews on them.
bigger (included with the kit) rotors and pads, 6 piston vs spoons 4.
Red in colour and a bit cheaper.

I mean I can see them likely being overkill on an N/A car, but on a 350+ bhp booster..
The Spoon stuff is allegedly the best performing setup you can have on standard sized pads and discs, I'd probably chat with Richard and Danny at DD about which suits your ultimate output, as obviously that monster you're assembling is a bit beyond most other use cases. I think the Yellowspeed kit is still a good choice, the bigger discs are unlikely to be a negative! I know what you mean about the colour, my refurbished callipers are going to be red, and my new pads are going to be yellow,,, I did enquire with Danny about silver (less of a clash I thought) but I'd have to wait for them to be painted, and he had a set of red on the shelf ready to reserve for me. It's a good job those Spoon calipers aren't any cheaper, I saw those and really toyed with the Idea, but knew it would be the step I couldn't take back and I'd end up doing more. Ultimately, whichever you end up being advised to get, it's going to outperform the standard brakes (even with better pads) and keep you a little bit safer in that road-going missile.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts