2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
Civic type R Championship white
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
It’s either mk3 megane brembo bbk from k-system.pro or ysr kit pictured above.
For the price spoon not such a big upgrade - discs and pads are smaller. But hey you’ll have more jdm points. :)
I’ll have to weigh it all up before it does any track work, as I don’t think red stuff pads will last very long!
I’ve seen freaky parts do the brembo kits too around £500 cheaper than the YSR
Product Font Screenshot Jewellery Poster

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Between freakyparts and ksystems I chose later.
I’m using winmax w5 for track and ds2500 for road duties.
Good to know, I’ve never even heard of ksystems.

do you know if I could get any of these brake setups to fit behind the stock Fn2 rims with spacers without clearance issues? I’m on eihbach springs too

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
15mm minimum I think. Ask Peter and he will send you a template where you can measure spoke clearance for perfect fitment.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Ps. Get coilovers - thank me later.
Had three different brands of coil overs in the last 6 years over two cars mate and vowed never to go that route again. Too harsh for where I live the roads are diabolical. If it was a designated track only toy I would without a blink.
As of last Jan I put eihbach springs and new OE shocks wishbones and a full poly bush kit on this Fn2.
Its already about as harsh as I can take it 😫

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
For this very reason I went KW - they have a bit lower spring rating than usual ysr or MeisterR. Much better damping than Eibach springs and not scraping bumper everywhere with height adjustment. Only downside it’s too expensive imo, but **** it because Eibach 15mm didn’t work for me on the road and and were too soft for track.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
That’s good to know mate, I had KW’s on an S3 and It was a brick, swapped those for bilstein B14’s which were marginally better but blew a shock in 12,000 miles at £400 a piece, the roads are that bad 🙁.

My R26 before that had BC coil overs on it which again were far too hard for me.
But it’s all personal preference like exhausts what the individual deems loud or hard I guess.

But stating all that I have no relevance really as I’ve never been out in an FN with a decent set of coil overs to judge, I’ve just had a bad personal experiences with them.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Pitlane and I dropped mine off with Danny for the brake work this morning, saw your beast on the ramp. It still looks great even in a disassembled state!
View attachment 325594
Cheers man! Not seen her in about two weeks now really looking forward to getting it back, Uncle Keith is refreshing the wheels whist it’s in.

thanks for the picture 🤩

·
Registered
2010 Milano Red FN2 Type R GT #R22063
334 Posts
Cheers man! Not seen her in about two weeks now really looking forward to getting it back, Uncle Keith is refreshing the wheels whist it’s in.

thanks for the picture 🤩
No worries! I'm pretty sure Pitlane took some too, I'll ask her to post them too. I looked at doing the same with my alloys too, but I don't have the free funds to cover that too (Also Keith is mega busy so couldn't have fitted me in at such short notice).

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
View attachment 325597
Here's my photo of yours Matty, looks pretty similar cos I was stood right next to him haha. Im the worser half of squibble owning a baby 1.4 type s stock. I'm now jealous of you, well done 👏 😂
Great shot! All going toward my Insta blog so thank you!
Seeing how petrol is rising I predict quite a few people will start rocking the smaller civics! They certainly have a place

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
So he’s back in my possession! And he’s had:
The stud removed, head skimmed and head gasket
Manifold gaskets, all other gaskets and titanium hardware.
Thermostat and full silicon hose kit
Crank pulley and bolt
Polybush engine mounts
Fab motion, flowed custom exhaust manifold
Invidia qv300 v2 4 silencer exhaust system
Wheels refurbished in championship white.

feels like a different car! He’s officially ready and waiting on my goodies arriving my TTS 😀

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Loving the build Matty! I'd say once that charger is in Daz will be a fk eater! Haha did you use the stock map in the Marlin or did DD make adjustments?
hey man thanks! The marlin is as it comes mate from TPW, didn’t make bad power at all for a plug and play!

it will be coming back off in 15 days, when it goes into uncle Paul 😃

·
Registered
Fn2
9 Posts
hey man thanks! The marlin is as it comes mate from TPW, didn’t make bad power at all for a plug and play!

it will be coming back off in 15 days, when it goes into uncle Paul 😃
That's good to hear! Just got my own type R and was always looking at one of these over a flashpro as I thought the map might have been better but it definitely shows it! Over here in Ireland there's very few rolling roads and even fewer people to map it haha

Nice! Not long of a wait at all! What power are you hoping to make?

41 - 60 of 84 Posts