2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
Civic type R Championship white
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
That's good to hear! Just got my own type R and was always looking at one of these over a flashpro as I thought the map might have been better but it definitely shows it! Over here in Ireland there's very few rolling roads and even fewer people to map it haha

Nice! Not long of a wait at all! What power are you hoping to make?
If I tip 350bhp I’ll be happy, the last one paul did similar to mine was held back and detuned at 373 🤪

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
That's good to hear! Just got my own type R and was always looking at one of these over a flashpro as I thought the map might have been better but it definitely shows it! Over here in Ireland there's very few rolling roads and even fewer people to map it haha

Nice! Not long of a wait at all! What power are you hoping to make?
also check out phone flash, a damn awesome took TPW can use to remotely custom tune your car with ECUTEK anywhere in the world

·
Registered
Fn2
9 Posts
If I tip 350bhp I’ll be happy, the last one paul did similar to mine was held back and detuned at 373 🤪
That's insane! What was holding her back do you know? Conrods? She'll be an absolute weapon at that power! I'm sure you will love it haha! I think supercharger is better for these as well keeps it more to the NA feeling then a turbo does

also check out phone flash, a damn awesome took TPW can use to remotely custom tune your car with ECUTEK anywhere in the world

That's perfect, exactly what I would need thank you!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
That's insane! What was holding her back do you know? Conrods? She'll be an absolute weapon at that power! I'm sure you will love it haha! I think supercharger is better for these as well keeps it more to the NA feeling then a turbo does

That's perfect, exactly what I would need thank you!
From what I’ve learned the rotrex charges don’t like being bounced off the hard limiter. So what they do is taper the power off toward the last 1000rpm so it’s not as much of a shock to the charger internals.

but going back to the engine I believe then will take 400-450bhp safely it’s just the torque that evicts the rods Lol.

Here’s some pictures of the one TPW did a couple months ago the same as my kit. Not sure what exhaust this chap was running though.

World Rectangle Wood Slope Font

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive exterior Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2010 Milano Red FN2 Type R GT #R22063
335 Posts
At some point though, you have it dawn on you this is all going through JUST your front wheels, and you need to be in 5th before it'll hold traction under full throttle!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
At some point though, you have it dawn on you this is all going through JUST your front wheels, and you need to be in 5th before it'll hold traction under full throttle!
Bit different with a charger though as it progressive power so the tyres and diff are super important.

I’m also having the TPW traction control system on there too so it should be pretty good!
Having driven cars like edition 40 golf with similar power, and my old Audi with 350+ft/lb at the front wheels, turbos deliver it harshly IMO so definitely agree there

·
Registered
Fn2
9 Posts
From what I’ve learned the rotrex charges don’t like being bounced off the hard limiter. So what they do is taper the power off toward the last 1000rpm so it’s not as much of a shock to the charger internals.

but going back to the engine I believe then will take 400-450bhp safely it’s just the torque that evicts the rods Lol.

Here’s some pictures of the one TPW did a couple months ago the same as my kit. Not sure what exhaust this chap was running though.

View attachment 325974
View attachment 325972
View attachment 325973
Oh wow that wouldn't be good, considering it will be bashing the limiter get traction haha but that's more then enough power for the front wheels, my astra put down 300bhp no problem in the dry but in the wet, you be better off skipping the first two gears and going to third. What size wheels and tires are you going for or are you keeping the stock rims? Are you gonna get a plated diff or stick with the helical?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Oh wow that wouldn't be good, considering it will be bashing the limiter get traction haha but that's more then enough power for the front wheels, my astra put down 300bhp no problem in the dry but in the wet, you be better off skipping the first two gears and going to third. What size wheels and tires are you going for or are you keeping the stock rims? Are you gonna get a plated diff or stick with the helical?
Yeah that’s why Paul’s softens them at peak to stop them doing damage, and I do believe rotrex actually unproved their shaft designs in 2016 to harden them up.
Stock rims and LSD for now already 10g’s deep on this build

·
Registered
Fn2
9 Posts
Yeah that’s why Paul’s softens them at peak to stop them doing damage, and I do believe rotrex actually unproved their shaft designs in 2016 to harden them up.
Stock rims and LSD for now already 10g’s deep on this build
It's better to have that little bit of peace of mind there though! Could you fit 235 on the stock rims? Might help the grip a little more. Adding more money for a plated diff and forged rims now would be alot on the wallet alright haha

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
It's better to have that little bit of peace of mind there though! Could you fit 235 on the stock rims? Might help the grip a little more. Adding more money for a plated diff and forged rims now would be alot on the wallet alright haha
They do fit in the arch but it’s the stock rims being narrow which 235’s are not recommended on.

with the TPW traction system and PS5’s it should be absolutely fine.

would also not have a plated diff on a road car, no fun at all being dragged near kerbs and being a perishable service item 😫

·
Registered
Fn2
9 Posts
They do fit in the arch but it’s the stock rims being narrow which 235’s are not recommended on.

with the TPW traction system and PS5’s it should be absolutely fine.

would also not have a plated diff on a road car, no fun at all being dragged near kerbs and being a perishable service item 😫

Ah but the recommendation isn't always true haha I put a 205 on my stock swift sport rims they're 6 or 6.5j cant remember fully but they were good, handled better for sure.

Yeah the upgraded traction system could help a little, I always find them to be too aggressive with cutting the power but if its one that you can adjust it will be handy and could actually prove beneficial.

A plated diff is crazy to drive on roads i think, the amount of kangarooing around the car park too will be mental haha but sometimes you got to have it to put that power down

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Anyone know if anyone from TTS is on here? Getting hair raisingly close to my booking date and haven’t had any confirmation when the parts will be ready/delivered. It was 10 weeks yesterday.
Don’t fancy a 160 mile round trip to my fitting/mapping appointment for no reason.
Plus don’t want to waste The shops time doing it.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle White

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think I'd be on the blower to them mate, You've a very big chunk of money on the line with them. Communication from companies is one of those things that will either make me a customer for life, or burn all possible points of redemption with me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I think I'd be on the blower to them mate, You've a very big chunk of money on the line with them. Communication from companies is one of those things that will either make me a customer for life, or burn all possible points of redemption with me.
I’ll call them in the morn for sure. Looked on their site and they haven’t reported any delays (unless they have on Facebook but I’m not in there)

they are job advertising for a fabricator though so I wonder if they are short staffed/stacked out with work.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I’ll call them in the morn for sure. Looked on their site and they haven’t reported any delays (unless they have on Facebook but I’m not in there)

they are job advertising for a fabricator though so I wonder if they are short staffed/stacked out with work.
Fingers crossed for you buddy, I know how much you're looking forward to this! To be fair I think we all are.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
So spoke to TTS, they are super behind and it will be another two weeks before my kits ready.
Got to now rebook my fitting and mapping appointment ontop. Absolute torture 😂😂

·
Registered
335 Posts
So spoke to TTS, they are super behind and it will be another two weeks before my kits ready.
Got to now rebook my fitting and mapping appointment ontop. Absolute torture 😂😂
Ah man, that sucks. Given they must have known before you rang, I'm a bit disappointed they couldn't have given you a heads up sooner, especially as like you say it means hoping you can get rebook in a sensible time frame for the fitting and remap.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts