2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

So let’s have a guesstimate at what BHP at the fly this car will achieve next week.

Fn2, TTS shaft drive supercharger kit on the way

15K views 130 replies 11 participants last post by  Matty_Daz666 
#1 ·
All on order!
Rotrex shaft drive kit 30-94
Fabmotion custom downpipe
Invidia Q300 V2 cat back!

😁😁😁😁😁 she’s worth it!
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
I don’t feel at home unless my living room looks like a scrap yard 😂

We’ve got;
titanium hardware
Ecutek phone flash
A marlin stage 2 (just till the charger turns up)
Poly engine mounts
A gazillion Honda clips and fancy fixings
A new thermostat and coolant
Rocker gasket kit
Bumper fixings
Aircon rad
Silicon hose kit with new clips
IAAV delete kit
Gold heat wrap tape
400cell sports cat (to make a drop in)

Only waiting on the charger, exhaust and my injector rail.
Looking at an end of July booking anyway with how busy Paul West and Neil Holden are

Ingredient Plant Font Soil Rectangle

Font Red Carmine Handwriting Happy

Blue Audio equipment Tea strainer Gas Sunglasses
Cabinetry Shipping box Packaging and labeling Snapshot Drawer

Circuit component Finger Rectangle Material property Font

Luggage and bags Black Bag Rectangle Gadget

Blue Wood Rectangle Bumper Flooring

Human body Font Art Musical instrument accessory Metal

#19 ·
I'm more looking at the idea that I currently get 40mpg with the stock gear, and I figured being able to drop it from 3k rpm to about 2,500 would help gain another 5 or so mpg. Nice thing being of course that the other 5 gears are the same still, so it's still a Type R, just with a bit more of a GT capability for my long drives.

#21 ·
So my builds taken a slight nose dive! Snapped a manifold stud.. took all the correct procedures to try and avoid it but I guess age and heat cycles got the best of it.

I’ve attempted to get at it after removing the cam cover, Vtec solenoid and surrounding bits. Just ended up chewing it with my stud extractor 😤

it’s being picked up next week to have the engine dropped so they can probably get at it straight on and not cause damage to the head or snap it off flush, which would result in having to send the head off to be drilled and helicoiled.

so oh the joys!

Anyway it’s an opportunity to get some pre super charger pre parts fitted!
Finger Personal protective equipment Metal Fashion accessory Circle

Tire Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Gas Automotive lighting Tints and shades Wood

Automotive tire Bumper Rim Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Hand Gesture Finger Thumb Wood

#24 ·
Exhaust has just arrived from Japan!
We have a 70mm twin exit 4 silencer version invidia q300

😏

Plastic wrap Natural material Plastic Packing materials Transparency

Attachments

#25 ·
Big job to get this broken manifold stud out so it’s going into a local garage on Wednesday to have the engine dropped to get access to it..
absolute ball ache but an excuse to replace some necessities for preventative maintenance.
We have:
Honda Crank pulley and bolt
Inlet and exhaust manifold gaskets
Stainless hardware and new manifold studs
Honda thermostat and coolant
Honda Oil pressure switch
Cam cover gasket kit and Honda bond
Oil and filter
Poly engine mount inserts
The full black silicone hose kit.

Just stuck my stage 2 marlin on so the emissions light isn’t triggered when they get it running again.. bloody cars 😂

Sunglasses Material property Luggage and bags Bag Everyday carry

#29 ·
So unfortunately it’s been flat bedded to Dynodaze for Richard to have the head off!
I KNEW IT. I saw that plate on their website feed and swore it was yours.

I've got my FN2 booked in at them on the 13th of next month to have 4x calipers (two of mine are starting to stick), EBC Yellowstuff pads front and rear, new discs all round and HEL braided brake hoses fitted.

#44 ·
15mm minimum I think. Ask Peter and he will send you a template where you can measure spoke clearance for perfect fitment.

#46 ·
Had three different brands of coil overs in the last 6 years over two cars mate and vowed never to go that route again. Too harsh for where I live the roads are diabolical. If it was a designated track only toy I would without a blink.
As of last Jan I put eihbach springs and new OE shocks wishbones and a full poly bush kit on this Fn2.
Its already about as harsh as I can take it 😫

#48 · (Edited)
That’s good to know mate, I had KW’s on an S3 and It was a brick, swapped those for bilstein B14’s which were marginally better but blew a shock in 12,000 miles at £400 a piece, the roads are that bad 🙁.

My R26 before that had BC coil overs on it which again were far too hard for me.
But it’s all personal preference like exhausts what the individual deems loud or hard I guess.

But stating all that I have no relevance really as I’ve never been out in an FN with a decent set of coil overs to judge, I’ve just had a bad personal experiences with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.