2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Week before last I decided I would try and see what max MPG I could achieve by being a bit smoother and slower.

Working well and nearly got to 48mpg (trip comp) until Wednesday/Thursday when they decided to perform some roadworks outside McLarens on the A320. Down to a single lane controlled by traffic lights. Probably spent 10 mins over the 2 days sat stationary.

Tried again last week only to be thwarted by 6 cars having a shunt on the M25 (junctions 15 to 16) on Wednesday (again) and a 3 car shunt on Thursday. Got caught in the tailback.

So my potential 48mpg is now down to 44 mpg for the week :(

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
With 7279 miles on the clock I have averaged 39.42 mpg overall for the last 2000 miles with my best tankful being 43.4 mpg. My wife and I drive the car with most being urban driving so am quite please with that. I did try the Econ button for one tankful but did not see much difference in economy just lack of performance so have given up on using that.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Not fair.... My personal best is 22.7 mpg :facepalm:

·
Stuart
580 Posts
Not fair.... My personal best is 22.7 mpg :facepalm:
I bet you're having fun doing it though eh! [smilie=shake.gif] :VTECSMILEY: :rockerblue:

I think I need to re-discover the accelerator pedal and start driving mine properly...

I never seem to go below 27, even in winter - Most likely because I never get above 55 all week.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I bet you're having fun doing it though eh! [smilie=shake.gif] :VTECSMILEY: :rockerblue:

I think I need to re-discover the accelerator pedal and start driving mine properly...

I never seem to go below 27, even in winter - Most likely because I never get above 55 all week.

Loving it mate :police:

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts

pReDaToR stop wearing sandals and buy some led boots that'll find the accelerator..... Must say mine never goes under 26

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
LmAo I get 23 in general , long run down to London on fri averaged 37mpg with 4 adults and a full boot not bad at all

Sent from the NecronomiPhon

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Hmm, your MPG, is it better yo have a higher value? Never understood that :D

I once drove my ctr home with 5,7L/100km, whatever that is in MPG :D

I found!
5,7 l/100km = 41,2657164 miles per gallon

·
Registered
616 Posts
:confused: uhhhh.....what the HELL is MPG !?
I think its short for shouting More Power Grandma! when you're driving behind someone who is trying to drive economical [smilie=sillyjester:

Reactions: pReDaToR

·
Registered
429 Posts
This weekend I've been caught up in major incidents every time I went out. Driven 340 miles in the last two days. Average 42mpg.

On Saturday on way to a wedding in Tunbridge Wells drove onto M25 at J24. There was nothing to warn the motorway had been closed since 5am. After 1 mile it then took 2 hours to reach the next junction where everyone had to leave the closed M25 and join mayhem and jams in every direction. That was because a lorry driver's hazadous chemicals rolled off the back of his lorry. Even a major football match had to be delayed and thousands missed there flights out of Stanstead.

Suinday and today at a birthday party in Leicester with the M1 this time having major incidents. These delays were not so long as the motorway was not closed.

I was surprised that my mpg was so good but then it was a warm 23C and the warmer weather is making a fantastic improvement to petrol consumption.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Did a 200 mile trip today from wigan to market drayton theme park and got mine up to 33.3,wish it was that high all the time.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This weekend I've been caught up in major incidents every time I went out. Driven 340 miles in the last two days. Average 42mpg.

On Saturday on way to a wedding in Tunbridge Wells drove onto M25 at J24. There was nothing to warn the motorway had been closed since 5am. After 1 mile it then took 2 hours to reach the next junction where everyone had to leave the closed M25 and join mayhem and jams in every direction. That was because a lorry driver's hazadous chemicals rolled off the back of his lorry. Even a major football match had to be delayed and thousands missed there flights out of Stanstead.

Suinday and today at a birthday party in Leicester with the M1 this time having major incidents. These delays were not so long as the motorway was not closed.

I was surprised that my mpg was so good but then it was a warm 23C and the warmer weather is making a fantastic improvement to petrol consumption.

Nothing on the SatNav Traffic ?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts