2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all any advice welcome ***
I have a i-cdti I have very little power below 1800 rpm !!! When revs get to 1800 rpm woosh were off
I have changed fuel filter and new air filter with no joy
There is no engine management light on
Egr valve cleaned
Thx all mark

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
Dd you actually check that the EGR valve was working OK and fully closes?

How bad is it below 1800 RPM... Is it hard to pull away?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx jon G Yes egr closes
Yes anything below 1800rpm foot to the floor nothing happens 2nd and 3rd gears always dropping down a gear to get it to over 1800 and then it pulls really hard ta mark

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Any black smoke at those low revs? That would indicate a turbo related problem like the actuator/vanes sticking.

A cheap Ebay obd dongel and torque on your smartphone can let you monitor various things and can help, there's a bit of lag in it but it's not too bad.

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
Smoke under power could also be a sticky/broken EGR valve or actuator.

Had some misting under power when I first bought mine.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
We had a similar issue where at low revs, a fly believe it or not got stuck in the MAF sensor causing slow acceleration, worth a check only a connection and two screws!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Wow!

Were the 2 screws easy to undo on yours? On my early Accord the damn thing is held in with 5-point torx headed screws, which were so tight I couldn't budge them without splashing out on a set of bits!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow!

Were the 2 screws easy to undo on yours? On my early Accord the damn thing is held in with 5-point torx headed screws, which were so tight I couldn't budge them without splashing out on a set of bits!
Yeah haha they weren't very tight, interesting to know they used torx bits on older hondas! On they plus side more tools for your toolbox😉

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
Yeah haha they weren't very tight, interesting to know they used torx bits on older hondas! On they plus side more tools for your toolbox😉
Yes, a whole set that I can't ever imagine having to use again! I've always had sets of the usual 6-point Torx, but why on earth did Honda use 5-point?

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts