2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I've trawled the threads about these two topics but not found a specific answer to help me settle on a solution.

I'm 7months into owning my dec07 FK3 EX NHB, now at 152k miles.

If I've been in a bit of prolonged traffic and I decide to really boot it away when clear, I can get a bit of clutch slip on max full beans acceleration. But then the next day it seems okay. Do these clutches suffer from a bit of glazing or perhaps oil/water contamination??
Any known tricks to recover a slipping clutch back to normal?

Anyone here got connections with Honda UK servicing website to be able to tell if my clutch/DMF or other big jobs have been done on my car?

Finally I'm getting a flutter/hesitation sometimes ( again in traffic ) at low revs. I believe its EGR/IMRC related, but interested to know whether a full clean out is the best fix...or actually is the flutter more related to a lag in the vacuum system. If the vacuum system is more like the problem, then am I wise looking at an EGR-off mapping?

cheers:p

·
Registered
180 Posts
i had exactly the same problem. when the clutch gets nice and warm it decided it wanted to slip, it didnt slip first thing on a morning, but after a long stint of traffic it would, badly! Then it wouldn't recover whatsoever and got worse.
I bled the clutch fluid, pushed it all out and replaced it with new (pressing clutch down and pulling it up when nipple is closed)
Hasn't slipped once since!

EGR if you havent cleaned it, give it a clean, its easy and it works wonders.
The derv likes to get "bunged up" in traffic, a good thrashing every month or so makes it drive like a new car again. I have to do this every 2 weeks because of a 40minute commute to work and 40min commute from work every day takes its toll.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts