2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... but something occurred to me on the train this morning. Are there two different buttons for voice commands? If so, it would explain why "phone setup" always gets recognised as "fan speed up" (which was driving me mad!)

I'll test it tonight, but I spotted that the hondahandsfree web site says push the "HandsFreeLink talk button", whereas the menu just describes it as the "talk button".

I hope I haven't gone and trained it to think I have some weird accent where "fan speed up" sounds like "phone setup"!

:oops:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Yes there are 4 buttons on the left lower part of the wheel, the 2 at the front which you push are for the Phone only, further back are 2 buttons which you pull. However, if you only know of 2 then you have probably found the front 2 which are for the phone, so Phone setup should be for the phone, although I don't recall using that specific option. Have you had the HFT mic fix carried out, if not that could be why. Have a look in electronics section, there are 2 posts, Bluetooth HFt and Update on HFT Quality Problems, both explain the fix and have photos.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there are 4 buttons on the left lower part of the wheel, the 2 at the front which you push are for the Phone only, further back are 2 buttons which you pull. However, if you only know of 2 then you have probably found the front 2 which are for the phone, so Phone setup should be for the phone, although I don't recall using that specific option.
I've been using the back two - I had assumed the front two for use once you'd managed to get the phone paired (for accepting/dropping calls).

"Phone setup" followed by "pair" is used for pairing the phone, or so the instructions say.

Have you had the HFT mic fix carried out, if not that could be why. Have a look in electronics section, there are 2 posts, Bluetooth HFt and Update on HFT Quality Problems, both explain the fix and have photos.
I've no idea. It's a new car (19th) so I hope so, but judging by the time it takes to work out I asked what the time is, I'm guessing not. Having not been able to pair the phone yet, I can't judge the clarity by any other means.

One thing I've not been able to find is the method of removing the plastic cover to see if the HFT fix has been done. I really don't want to snap off any plastic lugs etc.

Foddy

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Yep you are pressing the wrong button! I did the same :oops:

even tho' I thought mine was fixed I managed to pop the cover off to check with my fingers under the front edges it poped off fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts