2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Noodle-slave
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And they were more or less useless. But at least the car looked good :D

This picture is lying though. For some weird reason it only shows the real thick part a few meters ahead, but it was a lot foggier than this for the eye! Cars, busses, trucks and insane cyclists just popped out of the smoke right in front of you when you least expected it. And I almost drove straight through an intersection in 65-70km/h because I really couldnt see it, if it wasnt for the lights of another car that passed through it just as fast a few seconds before me. That was kinda scary :D

I dont know how it is in UK, but here this type of fog is just as uncommon like snow is in your country :p

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
You don't say which fog lights you are refering to. Looking at the photo then you should have had your rear fog lights on, but your front fog lights would have been useless durring the day, so should not have been turned on. Your standard front headlights would have been suffucent to allow other traffic to see you.

Front fog lights are designed to be used at night and are intended to provide illumination without the light reflecting off the fog back at you.

Next time slow down a bit, 65-70 Km/H is too fast when you can't see that far ahead and most important of all, DO NOT follow the car in front of you, keep you eye on him, but follow the road, the driver in front of you will have the same difficulty seeing as you and if he misses a corner he may end up running off the road and if you are following him, you'll end up in the field behind him or worse.

·
Noodle-slave
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't say which fog lights you are refering to. Looking at the photo then you should have had your rear fog lights on, but your front fog lights would have been useless durring the day, so should not have been turned on. Your standard front headlights would have been suffucent to allow other traffic to see you.

Front fog lights are designed to be used at night and are intended to provide illumination without the light reflecting off the fog back at you.

Next time slow down a bit, 65-70 Km/H is too fast when you can't see that far ahead and most important of all, DO NOT follow the car in front of you, keep you eye on him, but follow the road, the driver in front of you will have the same difficulty seeing as you and if he misses a corner he may end up running off the road and if you are following him, you'll end up in the field behind him or worse.
I had a feeling you were all fog-experts over there :p All we get to learn is "if it's foggy, turn on the fog-lights". So I just hit every button I could find with the fog-light icon on.
That's another thing that had me quite confused on the Civic, all the options with the fog-light! The manual just couldnt say "Press this button to turn them on". On the Volvo S40 I used to drive there were only two buttons, one to switch the front fog-lights on/off, and one to switch the rear on/off. Simple! :rolleyes:

But yea, I was probably driving a little too fast a few times. But I was at least still following the speed-signs compared to the other cars who kept passing me even in this weather! With this traffic, I'm almost more scared of getting hit from behind because I'm driving too slow :p

Well, anyways, I'm gonna take a closer look at the manual before the next fog and figure out how the lights work. Thank you for the lesson though! :police:

yes we do i'm afraid :(. Fog is almost as common as snow is for you. I'd rather have the snow anyday.
You don't get to have a day off for fog :p
Agreed! Snow still has a lot more cosy feel to it ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts