2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you have seen, I was using a battery charger on wednesday and that came with an special cable with rings for a permanent fixture through a quick connection plug. While I was bolting it first to the + and second to the place the - cable is connected to the body (it should not be connected to the - of the battery, it states clearly) I of course had to disconnect the bolt from the bodywork, which caused some sparks, quite alarming, but while I did not have the car on contact, I hope nothing is damaged by that. The next morning I wanted to make a test drive and quite quickly I saw (and heard the warning of..) a picture of the car, with closed doors, which kept on popping up all the time, sometimes a while second, sometimes a fraction of it. I was so alarmed, I drove to my dealer at the other side of town. They were puzzled too and a mechanic offered to drive along with me. He saw it too but did not understand either. Usually you see that picture with doors open! When we returned at the dealer, he said, let us try all doors, maybe there is a losse contact or something. And just before I turned the engine off, it happened again and I looked and said: "It looks like the luggage door is opened!" :facepalm:
And that was just what it was...:oops: [smilie=smirk.gif] [smilie=dunce.gif]
I was just not well closed and was bouncing a bit during the ride, so the computer warned me, not every door is shut as it needs to and when the door bounced down, the warning shut off...

Obviously after shutting the back door, the warning was gone... :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
To stop the sparks, connect -ive first then +ive. When disconnecting, -ive first then +ive. Just for future reference...

Late to the show as usual!

·
Administrator
21,165 Posts
I've got a Ctek charger and I have also connected a permanent lead with the plug on the other end to the battery to quickly connect to.

Mine is connected directly to the battery clamps by using additional nuts so I didn't have to disconnect or loosen either as there is ample thread to do this.

Never had any issues with a direct battery connection.

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
I've done the boot thing on my 8th gen. So your certainly not alone on that one! The boot is heavy so seems the have some string gas struts hence the need for a strong push when closing.
I get moaned at by the other half when I forget I'm in her car and slam her boot!

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I done the exact same thing last night on mine with the boot, was driving me crazy for the 20min drive. Lol

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've done the boot thing on my 8th gen. So your certainly not alone on that one! The boot is heavy so seems the have some string gas struts hence the need for a strong push when closing.
I get moaned at by the other half when I forget I'm in her car and slam her boot!

Yes, I really have to help the boot to get up, so I suspect the gas struts are coming to their end after 8 years...

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am another who has also done the same thing with the bootlid on my 8 gen lol :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts