2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Saying goodbye to my 2.2 Ictdi, which I converted, (Giving here to the missus). Got myself a 2008FN2 GT. Look forward hitting VTEC for the first time! :cool:

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thumbsup:
MightMatt What car do you have? I am hosting a Car show in Downpatrick for charity good friday after the Circuit of ireland leaves the town. let me know if your interested, Just a bit of eveything not specific Make or models

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
MightMatt What car do you have? I am hosting a Car show in Downpatrick for charity good friday after the Circuit of ireland leaves the town. let me know if your interested, Just a bit of eveything not specific Make or models
I have a Mugen 200 but its in a few pieces at the moment!

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Mugen 200 but its in a few pieces at the moment!

Class! if you get it back together, have a look at Eclipse Cinemas Downpatrick Facebook page. I am a manager there and running it on the opening weekend of Fast & Furious 7

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
I seen this advertised on a Facebook page today (cant remember which). I know a few R's that are very tidy!

PM me sure to keep the thread tidy

·
Registered
46 Posts
People always say about feeling the vtec, I swear I can't even tell any difference when it kicks in as I'm already accelerating hard most of the time, could mine be faulty???

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
To be fair i don’t think it will be that aggressive on the 1.8, but I can’t speak from experience as I have never driven one.

Do you notice any change in the engine note? Or rev range when vtec engages?

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
People always say about feeling the vtec, I swear I can't even tell any difference when it kicks in as I'm already accelerating hard most of the time, could mine be faulty???

I had a 1.8 before getting a R and it's a completely different feeling in the 1.8 like you I could not tell whereas in the type R plus a HKS RSK you not only feel but hear the change lots of noise lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
I normally feel more acceleration from 3500 revs all up to 6/7000 when you see the red Rev lights.
But I've also got a k and n on mine think that just adds a little noise though lol
The VTEC on the 1.8 works differently. It's more of an economy instead of performance.

Have a read at this and you'll see the difference.

VTEC - Civinfo Wiki

1 - 15 of 15 Posts