2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
*Lisa* Alabaster Princess
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing my boyfriend's carbon wrapped bonnet I was dead set on getting it done. The problem was, once I had that done I wanted MORE! So then came the speaker rings and the pillars...thank you to Tom8126 obviously(!) for all the help :p x Maybe I'll attempt the mirrors again, but they are so hard I think I'll leave it a while ;)

So the bonnet:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Honda civic Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Honda

The speaker rings:
Audio equipment Car subwoofer Subwoofer Technology Electronics

The pillars:
Vehicle door Screen Automotive exterior Technology Glass Gadget Electronic device Technology Wii Video game console Material property Wood Floor Brush Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Vehicle door

And finally both our cars:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Hatchback Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Honda civic Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Hood

·
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks fantastic... done my pillars and wanna do my bonnet and mirrors next..
Mirrors are a right pain - I spent ages doing one and then ended up with too much material in the corner which I couldn't stretch out even when heating, an absolute nightmare they are!

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Reactions: l_harris121

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
This bug is rampant and apparently there's no cure lol.

Nice work, love the speaker rings....grille next. ;)

Ohhh from looking at your pic of the pillar with the cover off, I've just realised it looks like you need to lift the cover UP to get it off the car? I though mine was stuck on and ended up wrapping it in place. :facepalm2:

·
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This bug is rampant and apparently there's no cure lol.

Nice work, love the speaker rings....grille next. ;)

Ohhh from looking at your pic of the pillar with the cover off, I've just realised it looks like you need to lift the cover UP to get it off the car? I though mine was stuck on and ended up wrapping it in place. :facepalm2:
Indeed, very tempted, your grill looks amazing :D
I must admit, my speaker rings were done by Tom8126, I wasn't brave enough lol.
Yeah the pillar needs to be tipped at a slight angle but not lifted, it took some force!

·
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
blue looks the same as mine ...lol even done to the sun strip

apart from the carbon

couple of questions
whats it cost to do the bonnet and how easy is it to remove window pillars?
The wrap for 1500mmx1500mm (enough to do the bonnet and have enough spare for mirrors and pillars) £35.
See Gers has answered the pillar removal question, thank u :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts