2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a new exhaust and induction kit but im not sure which one, i want an exhaust which will pass the emissions test for an mot, i have been told the hks racing suction kit is a good un, but i need help.

I dont want to start a debate about it, it would be nice if people who bought exhausts and induction kits would reply.

Also one for admin, why dont you do a poll for performance parts.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
I want to get a new exhaust and induction kit but im not sure which one, i want an exhaust which will pass the emissions test for an mot, i have been told the hks racing suction kit is a good un, but i need help.

I dont want to start a debate about it, it would be nice if people who bought exhausts and induction kits would reply.

Also one for admin, why dont you do a poll for performance parts.
All Cat-Backs will pass emissions tests, the standard cat is part of the exhaust manifold.

I had Milltek and can only say good things about it.

Induction kit I had was Gruppe M, I would say go for HKS if on a budget, stay away from the rest.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All Cat-Backs will pass emissions tests, the standard cat is part of the exhaust manifold.

I had Milltek and can only say good things about it.

Induction kit I had was Gruppe M, I would say go for HKS if on a budget, stay away from the rest.
I like the look of the GruppeM and if im looking at the right product CPL Racing do it for £621.73, but i heard its only worth getting if you get the Hondata ecu, also did you have to cut out anything to install the gm or did it drop straight in.

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
I like the look of the GruppeM and if im looking at the right product CPL Racing do it for £621.73, but i heard its only worth getting if you get the Hondata ecu, also did you have to cut out anything to install the gm or did it drop straight in.
I don't think you cut anything out, but you do cut the insulation and tape it to the underside of the bonnet to ensure maximum performance gains (cold air).

Have a look at this link, the review includes fitting details too, I believe.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/type-r/25506-fn2-gruppe-m-review.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts