2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to collect my car today they took me to see the nice new stunning red Type R :D

It is absolutely amazing, now this is coming from someone who has never really been bothered by cars but I have to say it is simply hot hot hot, the interior is fab, the seats wow - I am scaring myself lol

·
Registered
421 Posts
oooooh sounds lovely, my car is in on wed for the master cyclinder so im hoping that my dealers have got one in by then :):)

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
yeah me went there too Type R too sexy nice inside and outside as well looks amazing motor with milano red anyway I am happy with my motor maybe in few years time :cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi,

I'm taking one out tomorrow morning ... can't wait..

Been waiting since March last year for this drive (that's when I put a deposit down)

·
Registered
11 Posts
type r

i drive a 2.2 tdi civic 3dr and what a car,but your right the new type r is wow so good,who thought they would make the old one any better but again Honda have awt done them selves and made a good car better.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well... what can I say - I have to agree with TopCat... the R is amazing...

My first thoughts were - how F'in comfortable are these seats?.. not that they are heavily padded or anything - but the way they wrap around and hold you... even the Wife (who is 8months pregnant) said she loved the seats..

The ride is quite firm - but not harsh - I think you could easily do a few hundred mile journey without being uncomfortable.

The only thing that nearly caught me out was the brakes - when applying them - at first it didn't feel like they were doing anything.. Not sure if this is because the car had only done a few 10s of miles (I was the 1st customer to take it out at my dealer)

The only thing that I noticed wrong - just as we were getting back to the dealers - a rattling sound appeared from behind the dash somewhere.. nothing that couldn't be sorted by a visit to service no doubt.

The car was a GT - and was fitted with the iPod interface (didn't play with the stereo though) The sales guy said they don't know exactly what spec they are going to get until it arrives - but I can't see Honda fitting the Ipod interface specifically to a demo car? Is this a sign that the rumour that ipod is fitted to 07 cars as standard may be true?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Seen a black one at my dealers today looked amazing said the brakes were a bit spongy and needed looked at but promised me a test drive soon .

·
Registered
35 Posts
It looks like it , they only got the car on saturday so the brakes are showing bad signs right away thats why he would not let me take it for a test drive , it is some car though .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmmm, there might be something in this because both cars i took out from different dealers both had little feel in the brakes - i put it down to the pads not being scrubbed in yet.....:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts