2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone wonder if it's possible to change i-mid from TypeR to have extra fold with gauge like this?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I think it's not possible. You would need to wire the sensors for the dials.
However, you can use a static picture as a wallpaper in i-mid screen.

check my wallpaper in i-mid:

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Further to the wallpaper suggestion, you can also use an bluetooth OBD scanner with Torque on the headunit, allowing you to display real information in real time - It's best paying for a reasonable OBD scanner if you want to do this, (At least £5) as the cheapest ones don't have very fast refresh rates, giving jerky readings.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know this metods and use them in Torque pro version.

The thing is if typeR uses same method and sensors from ECU then the i-mid is only display, probing data from ECU.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,404 Posts
I think it's not possible. You would need to wire the sensors for the dials.

However, you can use a static picture as a wallpaper in i-mid screen.

check my wallpaper in i-mid:

How you get picture in imid? I can change satnav when it's in the mood to allow me other than that ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
the typeR guages are overhyped. while they do seem accurate, the smoothing delay in the oil pressure for example adds about 3secs to the response time.
that info isnt available via OBDII either. I'm sure the data is via the ECU but honda have locked it behind private PID codes.

real guages are the way forward if you want that info - i've got Stack pro-control oil temp&pressure guages fitted for track use.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the typeR guages are overhyped. while they do seem accurate, the smoothing delay in the oil pressure for example adds about 3secs to the response time.
that info isnt available via OBDII either. I'm sure the data is via the ECU but honda have locked it behind private PID codes.

real guages are the way forward if you want that info - i've got Stack pro-control oil temp&pressure guages fitted for track use.
In diesel model oil pressure isnt avaiable too, only oil temp via OBD. Same for boost, thats why i want to make simple solution by attach i-mid from TypeR :grin2:

So far price for i-mid display are very high [smilie=damn.gif]

·
Registered
116 Posts
In diesel model oil pressure isnt avaiable too, only oil temp via OBD. Same for boost, thats why i want to make simple solution by attach i-mid from TypeR :grin2:

So far price for i-mid display are very high [smilie=damn.gif]
How do you get the oil temp through OBD? I can only get coolant temp. I've been searching for ages how to get oil temp but I can't find anything.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I use the latest version. DPF is visible and you can do "force regen" or see how much clog is. And what i saw recently, there is an option to learn ECU that have new DPF installed or cleared mechanically OR CUT permanently >:):wink3:

Injector not tested by me for now, because I'm focused to change SMIC to FMIC. :nerd:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts