2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Mike here.
My 56 reg civic didn't start this morning on the button. All lights on the dash came on. As I pushed the button lights out on the dash and nothing. Car didn't turn over. Tried again, all lights flashing and a clicking/ticking sound.
I've checked battery and alternator all working as should.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
18,009 Posts
Welcome

What makes you say that the battery is okay if it doesn't spin over the starter?

The click suggests the starter is throwing out it's starter gear but then doesn't have enough juice to turn the engine.

How old is the battery?

·
i-Vtec
1,704 Posts
Hi all, Mike here.
My 56 reg civic didn't start this morning on the button. All lights on the dash came on. As I pushed the button lights out on the dash and nothing. Car didn't turn over. Tried again, all lights flashing and a clicking/ticking sound.
I've checked battery and alternator all working as should.
Any help would be appreciated.
If the car didn't start how did you manage to check that the alternator and battery were ok?

TBH sounds like a goosed battery to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome

What makes you say that the battery is okay if it doesn't spin over the starter?

The click suggests the starter is throwing out it's starter gear but then doesn't have enough juice to turn the engine.

How old is the battery?
The battery is about two years old.
I jump started it with leads from my berlingo van.
Checked battery with amp meter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the car didn't start how did you manage to check that the alternator and battery were ok?

TBH sounds like a goosed battery to me.
I jump started the car with leads from my berlingo van.
Check battery when the car was not running and after I jumped it. Kicking out the right amps. Checked with amp meter.
I have no other ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
if your battery is ok there something draining it
if you used jump leads and it started obviously the battery was flat

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Our Civic kept having flat batteries if the car was not driven for 2-3 days, and a new battery was required every 1-2 years. Disconnected the HFT bluetooth and not a single flat battery since in the past 3 years, even after not being driven for a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts