2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, ive got a 08 1.8 ishift which has decided to play up, when ever i took my foot off the brake the car would stall, it wasnt too bad while driving but pulling up at lights or pulling away the thing would just stall.
i have had the clutch actuator sent to ecu soloutions in wales and they have sent it back all done honda have put it back on but cannot get it to bleed, they are saying there is still a problem somewhere and dont really know what it is. any help please, they have had it for two weeks now and i am getting a bit frustrated, they think might be a problem with a ball bearing getting stuck in the actuator but i do not know so any advice at all would be great please

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Honda can carry out a clutch learning process for the I-shift. This doesn't sound like anything to do with the actuator as you wouldn't be able to change gear if it was.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Honda plug their computer in and set the automatic learning process going. If you have the Honda equipment you can do it yourself. It is about £50 to have this done at a dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they dont seem to be able to do anything with it until it has been bled, which is what they are trying to blame the ball bearing for, i was told by ecu solutions that there was a fault in the actuator and they have cleared it and tested it and said it was all fine now just put it back on and hook it up to honda diagnostics machine but no, still not happening .

·
Registered
56 Posts
they dont seem to be able to do anything with it until it has been bled, which is what they are trying to blame the ball bearing for, i was told by ecu solutions that there was a fault in the actuator and they have cleared it and tested it and said it was all fine now just put it back on and hook it up to honda diagnostics machine but no, still not happening .
Hi
the learning procedure is in 4 parts ,first in open hydraulic u give liquid to system with leaking from pipe, second with closed pipe actuator have 7 minutes for testing and I think here is the problem, but I leave this procedure going to 3 and 4 learning gears by gearbox and the jump of the clutch.
good luck
or try it using HIm HDS
Peter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im still seeking some help here please, ive had my clutch actuator done by ecusolutions and it is back on the car and can see it working but still cannot bleed the system. the code that comes up is p19ff. the actuator moves and the fluid goes up and down about 10mm in the chamber but can get nothing to come out of the bleed nipple. any help please as honda has no clue and just want me to buy a new actuator.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
im still seeking some help here please, ive had my clutch actuator done by ecusolutions and it is back on the car and can see it working but still cannot bleed the system. the code that comes up is p19ff. the actuator moves and the fluid goes up and down about 10mm in the chamber but can get nothing to come out of the bleed nipple. any help please as honda has no clue and just want me to buy a new actuator.
HDS will initiate a bleed cycle only and you can't do it without an HDS system.

Also P19FF is friction coefficient learning out of range. Your clutch plate is getting too hot due to being out of alignment. A dynamic learn cycle is needed to bring back the coefficient number back in line.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda HDS HIM Diagnostic Tool which you will find in the bay or aliexpress too (Ive got mine from Ali)
Make sure you get the RS232 adapter with the delivery.

worked perfectly fine for me (failure P19FF). can recommend to anybody which is struggling with i-shift

1 - 11 of 11 Posts