2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any more news on the i shift mod, posted the other day that honda uk are saying that the government are stopping them from doing mods on any preregistered i shifts including the sport and ex models, have not got details why this is not possible as road tax is the same on sport and ex ? does any one Else know the full reasons as i feel mine needs something sorted out on the gear side to improve the bad changes and indecision at times of the gears causing quite a lag

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Any more news on the i shift mod, posted the other day that honda uk are saying that the government are stopping them from doing mods on any preregistered i shifts including the sport and ex models, have not got details why this is not possible as road tax is the same on sport and ex ? does any one Else know the full reasons as i feel mine needs something sorted out on the gear side to improve the bad changes and indecision at times of the gears causing quite a lag

Suggestion:

Ask you dealer to notify you when he gets an i-shift demo in
go for a drive in it with the foreman and then go for a drive in yours

if there is a big difference then they have to do something about it

if there is hardly any difference then I would say that you need to adjust your driving style

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
Hasn't it got to do with the CO2 figure changing?
With the current banding set up there isn't a change in VED for some cars. But as the car is registered with a CO2 figure and taxed as such there isn't a system to change it.
The only way probably would be to de-register the car and re-register it as a used car at the new CO2 figure after update.
There's also company car tax to consider which uses different figures again.
http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/search/companyCarTaxSearch.asp

Granted it is possible, but not as simple as just updating the car, and who'd want a re-registered second hand car? I wouldn't buy one unless it was cheap[smilie=cheeky-grin: .

Plenty of discussion on this already:
[URL]http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3616[/URL]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts