2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a letter through the post today from honda. Apparently there is a transmission software error meaning that the reverse gear selector mecanism can become mis_aligned and could cause the car to move backwards unexpectedly even if its in neutral when parked on a hill. Anyone else had this letter?

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
No i haven't. There is nothing noted online. Mine is in for its service on Saturday, but i had the software updated a year ago so it may already be covered.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Got a letter through the post today from honda. Apparently there is a transmission software error meaning that the reverse gear selector mecanism can become mis_aligned and could cause the car to move backwards unexpectedly even if its in neutral when parked on a hill. Anyone else had this letter?
+1 received same letter from Honda today

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Had it done on last Friday, the i-shift is still useless on the car, still say it is dangerous, but that thread has already been done

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had it done on last Friday, the i-shift is still useless on the car, still say it is dangerous, but that thread has already been done
How long did it take? I find it really useless, approaching a roundabout and it can't make its mind up. I nearly had someone hit into the side of me

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
It took 2 hours, but the garage said needed to book for an hour, had to do the radio, as when any electrical item used such as braking the stereo would cut out, cannot believe that Honda still made the i-shift up to the new model, when you tell the dealer how dangerous this is, they just say that the earlier models were even worse,

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
It took 2 hours, but the garage said needed to book for an hour, had to do the radio, as when any electrical item used such as braking the stereo would cut out, cannot believe that Honda still made the i-shift up to the new model, when you tell the dealer how dangerous this is, they just say that the earlier models were even worse,
Odd. I don't have a problem with mine and i am normally a manual driver too. Gear choices are right most of the time (A mode obviously), changes are quick, gets great economy and the paddles are great fun.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I find the automatic mode is atrocious with some really inappropriate gear selections made so drive it in manual mode other than motorways/dual carriageways.

Now I'm used to it I get on fine with it in manual mode. In hindsight I would have just bought a full manual though.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Odd. I don't have a problem with mine and i am normally a manual driver too. Gear choices are right most of the time (A mode obviously), changes are quick, gets great economy and the paddles are great fun.
An earlier thread on here went where there is a few members who do not have problems, my Civic has been like this since day one, does not matter whether I am in i-shift or manual, come up to a junction in 2nd gear, whilst still moving and the car will stop and change down to 1st gear, does not matter if you use the accelerator or kick down does the same thing, in i-shift or A mode car will rev high in the gears change from 2nd to 4th or 5th, too much to mention in this thread. I love the car just hate the i-shift and thin paint

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
An earlier thread on here went where there is a few members who do not have problems, my Civic has been like this since day one, does not matter whether I am in i-shift or manual, come up to a junction in 2nd gear, whilst still moving and the car will stop and change down to 1st gear, does not matter if you use the accelerator or kick down does the same thing, in i-shift or A mode car will rev high in the gears change from 2nd to 4th or 5th, too much to mention in this thread. I love the car just hate the i-shift and thin paint
That sounds nothing like mine. Mine won't shift more than one gear at a time. It won't hesitate and try to change down a gear when I need to go. I know they used to do that on the early models, but that was stopped with the software update and the gear change time speeded up dramatically.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
That sounds nothing like mine. Mine won't shift more than one gear at a time. It won't hesitate and try to change down a gear when I need to go. I know they used to do that on the early models, but that was stopped with the software update and the gear change time speeded up dramatically.
The car has the latest software update, bought the car in Ionised Bronze as that colour was only released in 2011, and the car has just been in Honda on Friday 3rd Aug, took it for a long drive on Saturday, still does the same in manual or A mode, I would buy another Honda, just not one with i-shift

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
The car has the latest software update, bought the car in Ionised Bronze as that colour was only released in 2011, and the car has just been in Honda on Friday 3rd Aug, took it for a long drive on Saturday, still does the same in manual or A mode, I would buy another Honda, just not one with i-shift
Sounds like they took a step back again after fixing the early models. They do not offer the i-shift other than on the Jazz now. I can see traditional auto users prefering the torque converter, not my cup of tea though. I think it would be interesting if they introduced a twin clutch type system though.

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mines is a 1.4, its really really underpowered. Think delta0 doesn't really have any problems as he has a bigger engine. 100bhp with a semi-auto is a bad combo.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts