2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my first Honda - Civic ES 2006 i-shfit, and want to upgrade the software to improve transmission performance (i find very slow in upshifting from gear 1 to 2/3) . I have asked a few Honda dealers in London and got quotes from 45 to 90 pounds. I remember someone has mentioned it is free of charge, any ideas ?

I bought this car with 3 month warranty, but not from Honda dealer though.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
ishift

i got mine checked for free when mine was last serviced at a honda dealer, they were not going to charge for it had it needed to be upgraded as i understood it.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
My view is that its a Honda software revision and the reason they modifed must be the original software was flawed/dangerous (why else would they bother... Normally they use the excuse 'it's a characteristic'), therefore they should do it free of charge!

Just my opinion :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
My view is that its a Honda software revision and the reason they modifed must be the original software was flawed/dangerous (why else would they bother... Normally they use the excuse 'it's a characteristic'), therefore they should do it free of charge!

Just my opinion :)
I agree, manufacturers only upgrade software when theres a problem not for fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for all your opinions! But so far, no dealer is willing to upgrade for free yet. The cheapest quote is 30 pounds. It looks I have to wait for a few months when service is due to get it done together .

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
.. still, don't expect miracles, especially 1st->2nd gear. It's still slowish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts