2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last car which I loved and miss was crashed into twice (neither was my fault.. just so we're clear). Written off on the second crash, all within 7 months of ownership. I have owned this one for 4 months.

I'm also worried about the fact of having a new bumper. My paint seems to be bullet proof. Not a single stone chip. I was on the motorway a few weeks ago and a big stone hit it, was pretty loud too; not even a scratch, left a nice dent though. My previous car was battered in stone chips. I even had a few just a month after it had a new bumper put on. I have a feeling this car had a respray, or could've been vinyl wrapped. Especially after the problems with my last car. If I so much as looked at it in the wrong way, it'd leave a scratch.

Photos below. It is dark but it's actually quite a bit worse than it looks.

Oh and I was at work, car was in car-park. A few people have said the insurance won't cover it as it was in a private car-park. How true is this?

Attachments

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Ouch mate, is that bumper cracked?
Any chance or repairing or is it going to be a full new front and respray?

If the bumper is beyond salvageable I have a spare albeit in pearl white but it only wants a respray if its any use to you...?

Sorry to hear/see this mate, some people get a whole heap of bad luck :(
Insurance should cover you even on a private car park though mate!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
A few people have said the insurance won't cover it as it was in a private car-park. How true is this?
As long as it's accessible such as a supermarket car park (i.e. no locked gates, no "invite only" kind of privacy) then it's covered by your standard insurance.

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going to give it a clean tomorrow as it's quite dirty to make sure I haven't missed any scratches then look for quotes.

I forgot to mention; this isn't a hit and run, I work with the guy that did this. Very sorry and apologetic. Told him not worry about it.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
if your insured to commute to work......then your ok!!

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if your insured to commute to work......then your ok!!
Think I am, I've been through 8 different jobs in the last 2 years, so it's hard to keep track of. I think Syx has cleared this up nicely.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Going to give it a clean tomorrow as it's quite dirty to make sure I haven't missed any scratches then look for quotes.

I forgot to mention; this isn't a hit and run, I work with the guy that did this. Very sorry and apologetic. Told him not worry about it.
You told him not worry? I would of informed the managment and asked him to pay repairs, college or not he has damaged your property. If he's in the wrong then there shouldn't be any hard feelings about it.
Something similar happened at my last firm and the company paid out to have it sorted.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
UNLUCKIEST ? ...

You're just an Amateur ! ...

Read my "Voyages of the Starship JDR" and Pissed Off" Threads in General Discusssion ...

:(:(:(

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You told him not worry? I would of informed the managment and asked him to pay repairs, college or not he has damaged your property. If he's in the wrong then there shouldn't be any hard feelings about it.
Something similar happened at my last firm and the company paid out to have it sorted.

What? He's going to pay for it. I meant I'm just not going to be an arrogant pr**k about it

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts

+1

Jpetrie, man you are un-lucky :( If feel for you!

Tom is right, your colleague should be paying for this...

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
get him to buy the bumper and fit it yourself for the practice jobs a goodun sent from my phone
+1 as this is cheaper for your colleague than his next year's premium increase for using the insurance.....

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just to be clear I'm not paying for this! When I said "don't worry about it" - I meant don't feel bad.

Not "don't worry, I'll cover the cost of the repair"

He's paying for it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.