2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Just a quick question regarding the i-vtec indicator on the 2008 CTR. I was under the impression that once you switch it on, the indicator will only light up when the i-vtec is operating at certain revs.

Mine seems to be on all the time. Is this normal?

Many thanks for your answers.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
this isnt normal no. the lights should only come on when you are actually in the vtec rev range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
the red light is the vtec light and only comes on at around 5600 revs

the row of amber lights above come on in pairs as you approach the rev limiter

None of these should be on permanently.
I'm referring to the red light that says "i-vtec" on top of the TypeR light next to the speedometer.
Mine is always on from the second I start the engine :(

Maybe I should speak to the dealer then?

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Thought thats what you meant used to get lots of owners
coming back to the dealer with the same only the little red light comes on in vtec.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Ah yes now i understand :rolleyes:. Neily03 is correct. The writing that says i-vtec is illuminated all the time as is the 'Type R' underneath and 'Revs' over where the amber lights appear.

so you have nothing to worry about ktaliana...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah yes now i understand :rolleyes:. Neily03 is correct. The writing that says i-vtec is illuminated all the time as is the 'Type R' underneath and 'Revs' over where the amber lights appear.

so you have nothing to worry about ktaliana...
Now I get it ;) So the i-vtec illuminates all the time when the vtec indicator is set to 'on' and the red dot is the actual vtec indicator that illuminates only when vtec is in use.

Many thanks for your help :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts