1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Wonder if anyone can help me on this;

I've a Civic 07 5DR 1.8 I-VTEC.
I can get my hands on the satnav kit for a 08 or 09 Type-R.
It looks from images that it will fit my car, are there any differences between these two vehicles in terms of the electronics or satnav that I need to be aware?
Should it fit and work OK in my car?

Thanks!

Vik

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
i always thought that the dashes were different between a sat nav and non sat nav civics

its a question better answered by your local honda

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
the dash is slightly different but im sure you can buy the correct inserts for the satnav to fit

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Don't bother matey save yourself a lot of mucking about! - buy a dedicated touch screen double din system - as the sound will still be rubbish if you go with the Honda sat nav unit. The system your looking to fit came out in 06, quite a while ago now and it was old then. Feels positively antiquated now. Have a look here...

Double din Screens - Audio/Visual - CarAudioCentre.co.uk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

You are right the plastic front is supplied with the kit, it effectively changes that bit of the dash.

Its to go in the Mrs's civic, so she's not too worried about the sound, the stock honda unit it has at the moment is fine for her.

I checked out that link, I could see double DIN units but none with satnav as well. The custom fit ones didnt seem to have honda listed.

I checked out some threads before on the Honda stanav, user reviews and most said it was pretty good.

Double DIN sounds attractive but the satnav is the main reason.

I think the satnav can be made to work in this car, still mulling over it. Putting the PD1 parking sensor in soon (she is awful at reversing!).

vik

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I've got the alpine touch screen double din. Looks amazing and more up to date. Plus the sat nav unit that can be added to it awesome. I had the Honda sat nav in my last ctr and it's good but not as good as the alpine. Which includes handsfree telephone and amazing sound quality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts