2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello been looking into buying the image pack or grand prix pack not sure what title it holds these days. I want one and cannot find one anywhere, if anyone has them for sale please let me know a price and if it will fit my 2006 2.2 ES i mainly just want the skirts and the front and rear splitters as i plan to fit a Type R spoiler in the future, good idea? what you think?

cheers guys

·
Slow Driver
1,418 Posts
Not many people sell the image pack because of the amount loss of money that's involved... Luckily I found one second hand! Takes patience for the best to come :) For a new image pack set in honda it would cost you a woppin £950 at least... Got mine for £280 here :D minus the tiny spoiler cause I was also plannin on fitting the type R spoiler... ;)
Have a look at Neoflare's pics in his profile as he's got all what you're looking for, which looks awesome :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
I got mine cheap when I bought my car from the dealer as someone had ordered one before, and apparently they had to order in batches of 3, so they had 2 spare to shift.

If that's true, might be worth ringing some dealers and checking if they have any lying around?

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Feeling the love 8)

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Good thinking, Will get on the telephone tomorrow. Yeah 2nd hand sounds good to me too, sod that £950 for some plastic, hmmmm

So whos selling their to me then lol

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i contacted my local dealer who said they could supply the image pack paint it and fit it at a cost of... Maybe should sit down for this... £1500 Ouch! I dunno if its worth this much??? Opinions?

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
The image pack should come already painted in the colour of your car..

Unless you want EVERY part of it painted

My opinion would be buy it, take it to a local paint shop or body and get them to "paint" and fit it :)

Might work out cheaper...I think it did

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The image pack should come already painted in the colour of your car..

Unless you want EVERY part of it painted

My opinion would be buy it, take it to a local paint shop or body and get them to "paint" and fit it :)

Might work out cheaper...I think it did

Yeah might have to do that, the local Honda dealer is a family run garage with little overheads the main dealer in Aberdeen quoted £400 more to have it done. so I just have to shop around really, its annoying as i really want it done

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Yeah my dealer wanted an arm and a leg too

But I order the parts, they all came painted, then I brang mine to a local body shop who would then paint the non painted parts and then fit the kit for me for about 320 I think it was :)

So I dont think I can complain

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Hello been looking into buying the image pack or grand prix pack not sure what title it holds these days. I want one and cannot find one anywhere, if anyone has them for sale please let me know a price and if it will fit my 2006 2.2 ES i mainly just want the skirts and the front and rear splitters as i plan to fit a Type R spoiler in the future, good idea? what you think?

cheers guys
Think it's fairly difficult to get these as they are supposedly discontinued....according to Lings and my local Stealer. However I did get them to get hold of an Image spoiler from another dealer where I offered £150 for it...brand new. The date on the box was 06 but it was in perfect condition. Fitted yesterday http://www.civinfo.com/forum/styling/42197-image-pack-spoiler-price-worth.html and it does make a nice visual difference.

Good luck with your search.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
for that amount of money i'd go for a type r/s kit. way better looking.

Got any more information of these type R/S body kits never seen them before.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Neo is your wheel arches been colour coded too? I am thinking of getting this done then having the image pack fitted either when i find one cheap or when i have a spare 1500 smackers. colour coding i was quoted 280 from my local bodyshop? cheap?

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
I got my wheel arches colour coded whilst getting the image pack painted and fitted

280 sounds cheap enough, that include fitting?

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
na thats just the colour coding

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh yeah, I see the colours are common type R colours not vivid blue as i require, good price if your car is one of the colours it comes in. Looks awsome too

1 - 18 of 18 Posts