2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:oops: as a humble Honda worker, what can I say? Are the products we make really as bad as this forum suggests?
We make 900 cars / day (mix of Civic and CRV) and you all must realise that the odd rogue will get through. HUM strive to provide a quality product at the right price.

"Exceeding the customers expectations" is one of our mottos. Its humbling to find out that not all our cars are 100% (and embarrasing). Please be assured that are teams of workers constantly striving to improve our product.

·
Registered
146 Posts
you are brave Pete

all i can say is thank you for making such brilliant cars
without people like yourself where would we be

in every manufacturing process you get a small amount
of problems ,thats what warranty's are about to resolve them .

i think you do a great job and the forum should put their hands together and applaud you. once again thanks .
and welcome to the forum .

best wishes peter

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Hi pete welcome to the forum, apart from a few niggles ive nothing but praise for your efforts, its the best car ive owned, all of my friends think its a cool car...the only problems ive had have been rectified by honda which is a million miles away from the great big pile of french s***e that i used to own...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi Pete

Welcome aboard - very brave of you!

I have had my Civic just over a week now and so far (touch wood) I don't have any niggles, faults or bugs. The service I received was second to none and she really is the best cacr I have ever owned. I love her!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Do you get statistics back from the field regarding "lemons"? Are these within the tolerances expected?

Any other interesting things you can pass along to us?

It's a superb car, and well done to all involved in putting these things together.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Hi Petedefeet,

I have to say that I don't think the Current civic is as well built as the
previous 2 models. I think some of the problems are down to all the new electronics Honda are fitting into the new cars, I also think some of the problems are down to certain parts not made by Honda.
Lastly why have Honda not made a full auto box for the civic
(or are they going to - I know they are putting in the FR-V 1.8!!!)

Having said that It would appear that the majority of owners are v.happy
including ourselves:)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Welcome Petedefeet!

I hope nobody abuses you, after all you are only doing your job! It will be good to get the inside track and if you can, answers to common questions.

Like many have said, the majority of us are very happy with our Civic's - This is the best forum on the net for the best car on the road! (IMHO)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pete be careful on what you post

last thing i would want is you to jeopardize your job

i work for a well know domestic appliance manufacture of several brands ,
if i was to post out information about problems they have
i would loose my job ..

forum group please be fair to Pete as he may not be able to disclose such delicate information we require.

personally i would love to know all the niggles

one question Pete may be able to answer us

the Honda civic 2.2 icdi ex are made in two places is they any way of denoting what factory they were made at

kindest regards Pete

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Welcome

Hello Petedefeet,
Hope you enjoy the Forum.
Don't see why you should get any abuse,we all have to make a living.
Personally I really enjoy my car.Couple of problems sorted by my friendly dealer,other than that,great.:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello Pete

You are a brave man indeed Pete,

I think that almost all of the people on here would agree that the car is a wonderful car and like me think it is the best I have ever had.

However, there are niggles (mostly infuriating) that detract from the overall experience of the civic.

From a business users point of view (I own a business about to replace their fleet of cars) the HFT system on the civic 2.2 ex has been poorly designed, not tested in the real world and basically renders the car unfit for use by the modern "road warrier" ie the sales rep.

This will reduce the sales of the top end car once word gets out of this failure as the changes in the Road Traffic Act render the use of the mobile phone even more onerous.

Other components on the car are already showing significant problems and our "test" car has only 4,000 miles on the clock!

I would love the opportunity (as would many others on this site) to suggest ways of making the car even better!

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
the Honda civic 2.2 icdi ex are made in two places is they any way of denoting what factory they were made at
I thought they ALL came from Swindon... where is the other factory making these then?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Like many of us, I accept that there are going to be quality control problems that affect a few cars when the factory is pushing cars out at such a rate.

However, when Honda Customer Services, or specific dealers treat their customers with such little respect, fobbing them off that they should shut up & put up with the problems then that does cause issues for people who have just forked out £15k to £20k or even more.

Allowing faulty components being used for months after they are first widely reported also is unacceptable & surely undermines the pride that I am sure Honda builders feel in making the fantastic Civic.

My experiences have so far been tame in comparison to many others on this forum - crappy dealer attitude towards my property when work needs to be done being my BIG problem.

But also my experience mirrors the vast majority - HUGE GRIN on face when driving/looking at/thinking of my new car. It is a fantastic car, probably is the best all round in its class (I haven't tested the others) ...

The dealers who give bad service & the people who decide to allow faults to continue (shocks, RDS, HFT, fragile paint, climate control, filler flap) & those who just bury their head in the sand when the customer comes complaining, should think again about their choice of career & allow those of you who take a strong pride in your work to get on & do what you do best.

... & actually getting cars to their new owners on time, & in less than 4 months no matter what the spec would be a bonus too. To wait so long & then get attitude, ignorance & arrogance thrown at us when things aren't spot on is salt in the wound.

But like I said... awesome car.

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
Maybe you should have set your user name to "The Mole" :)

Any background settings or tweaks that we do not already know about ?

Also - what's in the pipeline ?

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Welcome you brave soul! I have had my fair share of problems, but I think as posted before and in other threads most people are generally happy with the car, I for one love mine, even with the couple of niggles I have left, although I have decided to accept those as quirky features of the car.

Hope you enjoy your time here and echo the sentiments of others that you are not abused and are not asked to divulge sensitive information

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Morning Pete. Like most of the people on the forum, I absolutely love my Civic, and have not come across any problems in the week I've had it, except from the inane grin which I can't shift from my face. I wasn't even looking for a new car, but stepped inside the Civic, and just had to have one. I looked at the other manufacturers and they just seem to produce lookie-likie models that are bland in comparison.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts