2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

A quick intro from another newbie to the forum...

Well I took delivery of my brand new Civic EX 2.2 iCDTi last week and absolutely love it. I part exchanged my 2 year old Civic Hybrid in a too good to miss offer from my local Honda dealer and am so glad I did. The Hybrid was a lovely car but never lived up to the mpg expectations advertised by Honda - in fact the best mpg I ever got was 58 on a long motorway journey, the worst 34 around town, and the average around 42. The new Civic with it's efficient diesel engine has now done 500 miles of mixed driving at 52mpg which is at least 10mpg better than the Hybrid - and it's a lot more fun to drive too!

My only gripe, and it's a small one, is that the trim in the Euro Civic is slightly less solid than the Hybrid's trim and the dashboard is already a nightmare to keep the dust off. Has anyone found a reliable way to remove dust and fingerprints and keep the plastic shiny and scratch free?

Nice to meet you all.

Chris.

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
HI and welcome to the place :D

Congrats on the new car.

Check out the cleaning section as there is loads of help in there about keeping the car at it's best :)

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Hi Chris, welcome to the site. I've found loads of info and amusement. The CDTi is a good 'un.

I always thought if the hybrid had been available in a hatchback, I could well have got one, but reading your note I'm not so sure.
The new Insight is too long and the ugly back end would annoy me.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
^+1 for the microfibre cloth.... i use these on my computer screens an especially on my glossy laptop one. these cloths pretty much get rid of everything... dust, greasy finger prints, you name it and theyre like £1-2 from asda or any other super market

just get one of those and keep it in your glove box or door pocket

·
Registered
194 Posts
As an engineer, I have mixed views about the Hybrid: it doesn't seem like good progress to build a car with two engines in it, nor to have a sophisticated, expensive and raw-material-consuming battery pack of unknown longevity stuck behind the back seats!

Then to hear it isn't as economical as our advanced 2.2 Cdti......well!

·
Registered
194 Posts
As an engineer, I have mixed views about the Hybrid: it doesn't seem like good progress to build a car with two engines in it, nor to have a sophisticated, expensive and raw-material-consuming battery pack of unknown longevity stuck behind the back seats!

Then to hear it isn't as economical as our advanced 2.2 Cdti......well!

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Hybrid cars are a manufacturers response to political pressures. In other words they are a compromise.
Yes the diesel is more economical.
So why bother?
Will the Hybrid help to save the planet?.......No
BUT..if....and its a small 'if'....the Hybrid is a stepping stone to new more sustainable cars like..Hydrogen power, then they warrant their inclusion.
So..In the mean time..Dont waste your money thinking youre getting an economical, environmentally friendly car that will 'Save the Planet'.
Youre not!!
Buy a diesel!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts