2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need some sort of iPod integration and I think I've narrowed my choices down to these two, mainly because it appears I can still control the iPod whilst it is connected, unlike the official Honda connection for example.

Before I make the plunge, I'd be interested to find out the views of anyone who has either of these set up already!

I know Ice>Link appears to be the more popular - is there a reason for this??

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I have an Ice link gateway 100, and it works ok. Took a while to sort out the controls, but once there it's fine. Downside, you CAN'T control the ipod once it's connected - only via HU or steering wheel controls - no big prob.
And the HU screen only presents numbers, 1 thru x not the text titles of the playlist, album, track or artist.

Apart from these smalley probs it does what it says on the tin and mines working fine and has been for a few weeks.

tc

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
i have the dice and i think i was the 1st one on here to get one. i know a few others also have it, and you can control the ipod when ts connected.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I have an Ice link gateway 100, and it works ok. Took a while to sort out the controls, but once there it's fine. Downside, you CAN'T control the ipod once it's connected - only via HU or steering wheel controls - no big prob.

tc
You CAN control the ipod once it's connected, you just need to change the mode the gateway 100 is in, go to disc 6 track 2 and hold down >> on the headunit. that changes the mode to ipod user interface which allows you to control the ipod via the click wheel or the HU controls.

Seik

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just had the Dension fitted yesterday!

The job was supposed to take one hour but actually took 3! Was supposed to cost £150 but actually cost £175 because of labour! In sayting that, it does work and sound incredibly good, the wire/connector for the IPOD comes out in the little cubby hole (with door) just under the stereo, its all controlled directly through the steering wheel and there is no need to set up playlist (although I beleive you can), I have just had it on random which works well for me. If anyone needs the contact details for the company who did it please let me know (In Newcastle).

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

The job was supposed to take one hour but actually took 3! Was supposed to cost £150 but actually cost £175 because of labour! In sayting that, it does work and sound incredibly good, the wire/connector for the IPOD comes out in the little cubby hole (with door) just under the stereo, its all controlled directly through the steering wheel and there is no need to set up playlist (although I beleive you can), I have just had it on random which works well for me. If anyone needs the contact details for the company who did it please let me know (In Newcastle).
2 hours labour for £25 is not bad.

·
Registered
250 Posts

do u have an 07 civic?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not 100% sure mate to be totally honest but I remember when I called them to book it and the guy said "is it the one with SatNav (no), it should be ok then", so presumng it does make a difference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi
do you have a problem with the volume i have to put the ipod on full on the stereo on 40 to get it loud but its still not as loud as a cd or radio on 30
thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
ok thanks i must have a problem with my interface will have it checked out thanks, also does the track name and tilte appear on your dash or does it just say cdc ?

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
ok thanks i must have a problem with my interface will have it checked out thanks, also does the track name and tilte appear on your dash or does it just say cdc ?
No adapter displays this information. CDC= CD changer. And i have had problems with the loudness using my DICE adapter, i think its got to do with the original track and its bitrate.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts