2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just going through the process of changing the fuel pump on my 2.2 diesel the mechanic has mentioned the replacement will need Recoding anyone have any idea what cost or what is required - it all sounds a bit too high teck for me...any information welcome. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Happy to be corrected on this but I don't believe the High Pressure pump needs to be coded, but the injectors normally do if they're being replaced.

Why is it being replaced anyway out of interest?
The engine is being replaced - managed to pick a motor up with everything attached yep everything [complete plug in play] concerned what needs coding to Ecu?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In the hands of a good mechanic at the moment - so will let you know what needs to be done to link the electronics...whatever happens going cost me - thankfully the project has been planned but always somthing else crops up :(

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
How much did that let set you back mate ?? :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not that bad - picked the car up for good price and work has been planned just items like this that turn a simple engine transplant into an unecessarily expensive electronics nightmare...:(

Previous owner didnt keep engine oil level up so be aware guys...

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
In the hands of a good mechanic at the moment - so will let you know what needs to be done to link the electronics...whatever happens going cost me - thankfully the project has been planned but always somthing else crops up :(
Hi mate,

What garage is it in? I have been through cwmllynfech (by the george) a few times now and have not seen any civics there?

By the george you live isn't it?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi, Griff you run out of things to do on your civic yet...? :D

Live not a million miles from the place you mentioned - car just gone in guess have to wait and see thankfully have enough spare parts to sort anything mechanical :D

Electronics a different thing :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.