2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some driver who obviously had better things to do than to look where he/she was going came across my side of the road and smashed my drivers mirror off.

Not just the glass and casing but the complete mirror off which has snapped at the mounted bracket.

It has also scratched the door and trim and where the other car was so close there is also slight damage to the back of the car.

They didnt even stop and by the time i had managed to stop they had gone. I hope they are pleased with themselves!!!

Sorry for the rant but i am still fuming. :mad2:

Anyway can someone point me in the direction of how to remove the trim and mirror mount so i can fit a new one when i get it.

The wires that connect to the adjustment disc of the glass were cut right through and i need to know if thi, now broken wiring is connected by a plug to the internal adjuster.

There will obvioulsy be another thread now in buying and selling to see if i can get a replacement mirror.

If you can help, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Dont blame you for ranting and a fuming mate. I think we would all be the same if it happened to us

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pointer Dimplyred and for your coments Cush.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to update.

Fitted the new mirror, parked the car up and someone has doen the other one!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh!!!![smilie=mad.gif]

Not as bad but need a new indicator, glass and polish out the mark to the bodywork.

Suppose my fault for not folding them in this time, but still makes you mad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mirror, you haven't upset anybody have you?

That is too much of a coincidence, or is it parked in a really narrow street?

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks All.

No the first one was a hit and run, women didnt stop and the second was parked up in totally different area.

Yeah i hope it doesnt happen in threes this time!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts