2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been 24 hrs with my new car but have a couple of things that are driving me bananas.

1. One the Info display I get a picture of a person with a seatbelt on and the 3 seats in the back. The back seats change if someone puts their seatbelt on. But the big one never seems to change irrespective of if a passenger puts their seatbelt on or not. Is this right?

2. Voice commands. They all work fine on the Sat Nav but the hands free is driving me bonkers. A pass code has been set up but I have no idea what this number is. I have tried to do as the manual says and say " system" after the beep but it just says some random numbers and they are wrong. If I try guessing the numbers it ignores me. Is there a manual reset button/sequence anywhere?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Hi mate. First question I'm not sure about as I very rarely have anyone in the back.
Have you looked at http://www.hondahandsfree.com/
I've added 3 phones to my car with no issues, it shouldn't need resetting as you can easily delete the old phone. Just make sure you're somewhere really quiet. If all else fails, email that site and they get back to you in a couple of hours.

Reactions: Isleofwight

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Welcome,

Voice commands i find I find with the sat nav always work fine, but have always struggled setting up the hands free.

It always comes back with random numbers if it doesnt understand you, or seems to,

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
The previous owner has entered his code for the phone setup and not passed it on to the buyer.
It's a 10 -15 minute job by a Dealership to reset it, so that you can input your own code.
Take it to a Honda Dealership and if they think that they may have a new customer for servicing - they will reset it F.O.C.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
The previous owner has entered his code for the phone setup and not passed it on to the buyer.
It's a 10 -15 minute job by a Dealership to reset it, so that you can input your own code.
Take it to a Honda Dealership and if they think that they may have a new customer for servicing - they will reset it F.O.C.
I managed to delete the old phone easily enough. Is the code to lock the setup process or for pairing the phone? If its just for pairing then you can make up a new code.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Mine decided to shout out and then set a new code, without any prompting from me.
Being caught on the hop as it were, I didn't have time to grab a pen and I couldn't remember it.
The dealership reset it in 10 minutes or so and as the car was only a few months old it was done under warranty.
I never bothered to input a code, as I didn't see the point of having one.
If someone broke into the car and stole it, the phone and a few calls made would have been the least of my worries.;)

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Thanks Jonny & Jack

I'll try and contact both tomorrow and see what they say.

Anyone on the seatbelt display question? Is it a static pic and only the backs seats change?
The seatbelt display for the back seats is a static picture, which changes as each rear seatbelt is fastened. I think you get a different warning message/symbol if the front seat passenger undoes their seatbelt while the car is moving.

Sorry I can't be more specific - haven't had a Civic for a while ;)

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
My handsfree couldn't understand my jock accent when I had my CTS.

Bloody stupid woman, every now and again it decided to talk German to me aswell.
She only understands Queens English lol. I still have to argue with mine!

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,544 Posts
If the front seat passenger hasn't fastened the seatbelt then mine said something like 'Passenger 2' and a seatbelt symbol/picture.

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
Well its been 24 hrs with my new car but have a couple of things that are driving me bananas.

1. One the Info display I get a picture of a person with a seatbelt on and the 3 seats in the back. The back seats change if someone puts their seatbelt on. But the big one never seems to change irrespective of if a passenger puts their seatbelt on or not. Is this right?

Thanks
The big one never changes. If you however unfastern your seatbelt (the driver) you would get the warning beep. I guess the reason the picture for the others changes is to ensure "the driver" has some information in front of him that warns him when any of the passenger unfastern their belts (kids, child seat loosens the hook, or passenger in front unfsatern belt).

So in summary this would throw out the excuse people give the police "I didn't know they unfasterned their belt because I was driving and I couldn't look back to check".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.