2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a small Renault Van (I think), in white (obviously) , both mirror covers missing, generally bad cond.

Heading towards Weston on the A370 yesterday early afternoon. Can see the driver in my rear view mirror using his phone, probaly to talk to his other highly inteligent friends, and tailgaiting me.

Doing 40mph in a 40 Limit, he then repeatidly looks to overtake myself as we go out of Cleeve (if you know it) towards the Star Pub at the top of the hill. I proceed up to the new limit of 50 and can see his anger at not being able to get past :cool:.

Going down the other side the hill I use my gears to slow myself down to the 40 limit on the outskirts of Congresbury, and keep to the limit until the garage where it turns to 30. Slowing down again to meet the new limit, this driver is within inches of the back of the car (wishing at this point I had a sign saying the closer you get the slower I go) he then tries to dive into the bus lane (24/7 bus lane, no exceptions). As I was ticked off at this idiots behaviour already I decided not to let him past and moved my car between the two lanes. I started to receive some inpolite hand gestures and then moved back to the right lane to head towards the turning towards Yatton.

Driver pulls up along side and starts shouting abuse out his window towards me and my missus, ignoring the plum, we move forward towards the now green light but due to traffic had to wait to turn. The driver then decides to pull behind my car, get out the car, and just stand in the middle of a busy road hurling abuse and langauge I can't mention on here. :police: Then gets back into his car and gets back in the left lane to continue towards weston (Now behind several other vehicles).

How on this earth do people like this get a licence? I admit I should not have maneurerved my car but I was so ticked off he could not wait 250 yards until it splits into two lanes and from his behaviour beforehand I just had to have a little fun.

:mad:Rant over. I hate van drivers.:worms:

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Happens all the time I'm afraid!
Was the van marked? (Company Name)
I would have taken his number and reported him to plod
They might just have a word and put the **** up him!!
(USER HAS RECEIVED A QUIET AND FRIENDLY LITTLE REMINDER OF THE FORUM RULES FOR THIS POST)
Actually appeared as an infraction..Is this usual HM?

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Didn't see any markings on the van, otherwise I would have reported it. Had I thought quick enough I could have given the missus my Camera I keep with me when travelling to take some snaps of the plate. Wouldn't be suprised if he is picked up by Mr Plod soon though with that sort of driving. Bus lanes are not under-taking lanes.

Just totally unnecessary behaviour on the road. Was hoping he would have read the Civinfo sticker on the back and comes to view this thread in the future.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Sometimes its not worth getting involved. I used to date a girl from Croydon, and people drove like idiots there. One guy cut me up so I sounded my horn, he then tried to cut me up and drive me off the road.
From then on I placed an 9 iron in my boot, knock some sense into them.

Saying that its sometimes best to leave these idiots alone, as some people have nothing to loose. Just let them drive past.

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
oh man..sorry to hear about this..I had something similar too in Hatfield :( not good like..altho I did give him some hand gestures beforehand but at least I was going the speed limit..

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Witnessed the same kind of thing today on the m61. BMW1 wanted to get past BMW2 so BMW2 started swerving all over the road at 70mph. BMW1 rather than ease off rose to the challenge and very nearly crashed into two other lanes of stationary traffic. After seeing some guy with roid rage start punching the hell out of some blokes car with his kids in the back I ignore these kinds of people.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
In a small Renault Van (I think), in white (obviously) , both mirror covers missing, generally bad cond.

Heading towards Weston on the A370 yesterday early afternoon. Can see the driver in my rear view mirror using his phone, probaly to talk to his other highly inteligent friends, and tailgaiting me.

Doing 40mph in a 40 Limit, he then repeatidly looks to overtake myself as we go out of Cleeve (if you know it) towards the Star Pub at the top of the hill. I proceed up to the new limit of 50 and can see his anger at not being able to get past :cool:.

Going down the other side the hill I use my gears to slow myself down to the 40 limit on the outskirts of Congresbury, and keep to the limit until the garage where it turns to 30. Slowing down again to meet the new limit, this driver is within inches of the back of the car (wishing at this point I had a sign saying the closer you get the slower I go) he then tries to dive into the bus lane (24/7 bus lane, no exceptions). As I was ticked off at this idiots behaviour already I decided not to let him past and moved my car between the two lanes. I started to receive some inpolite hand gestures and then moved back to the right lane to head towards the turning towards Yatton.

Driver pulls up along side and starts shouting abuse out his window towards me and my missus, ignoring the plum, we move forward towards the now green light but due to traffic had to wait to turn. The driver then decides to pull behind my car, get out the car, and just stand in the middle of a busy road hurling abuse and langauge I can't mention on here. :police: Then gets back into his car and gets back in the left lane to continue towards weston (Now behind several other vehicles).

How on this earth do people like this get a licence? I admit I should not have maneurerved my car but I was so ticked off he could not wait 250 yards until it splits into two lanes and from his behaviour beforehand I just had to have a little fun.

:mad:Rant over. I hate van drivers.:worms:
The more you hacked him off the more you enjoyed it.

If it really worried you, you could have let him past by pulling over breifly in the 30 zone.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never worried me, just annoyed me having some toe rag drive like an arse, up my arse.

I didn't drive dangerously in order to stop him from going past like in the above post, just positioned the car so he couldn't mis-use the bus lane, and then when he got the idea, I moved back over to where I should.

I think that this said BMW driver acted in very dangerous & stupid manner. Sounds like alot of other BMW Drivers:worms:

·
!-!
369 Posts
Never worried me, just annoyed me having some toe rag drive like an arse, up my arse.

I didn't drive dangerously in order to stop him from going past like in the above post, just positioned the car so he couldn't mis-use the bus lane, and then when he got the idea, I moved back over to where I should.

I think that this said BMW driver acted in very dangerous & stupid manner. Sounds like alot of other BMW Drivers:worms:
Happened too many times. As said above, I pull over and let them go past. Sometimes I get abuse but they get it right back with my temper :)

Just ignore fools like that, it happens. Just protect your Mrs in situation like these as you don't know what they're like. I mean people are killing each other for trainers. What's next?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also another reason for me to add a rear view camera with a live feed to a hard drive... hmm...

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
Times like this you need one of these:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics/55991-monster-3rd-brake-light-does-not-include-lasers.html

I hate undertakers and tailgater's and fog light people.
Don't do it, I warned Snowboundzero about this before and the effect of air traffic being redirected to the rear of his vehicle! :D

:D

·
COTM September 2012
885 Posts
Sounds like alot of other BMW Drivers:worms:
I had the same off a BMW driver this morning, I just let him past as I had my 1yr old in the back but I do get wound up about it as you don't know who is in the car in front (like my 1yr old). I lived in Malta for 3 years and driving out there gets you used to the wonderful world of crazy driving

1 - 20 of 28 Posts