2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not at all happy with the way you have to configure the 'fuel consumption' screen for the i-multi display. :(

Underneath the big 'instant fuel economy' graphic you have to select either average fuel/range/elapsed time/average speed. Ok so far.

Unfortunately, this choice is one of the 'customise settings' options from the 'vehicle menu' screen. This screen is only accessible "when the vehicle is at a complete stop" (page 111 of the user manual).

Annoying on many levels. But, also, if your low fuel indicator light comes on and you don't have 'range' already set for the screen, you'll have to pull over, stop and customise your settings to see how long you've got before you grind to a halt.

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
Is this for the 9G ?

On the 8G you can flick around the trip comp settings from the steering wheel.

Just spotted this is in the 9G section = fail, ignore me

·
Registered
304 Posts
When on the trip computer comes the fuel warning light and I am driving I just continue to click it more than once and comes all the rest. It normally gives you about 50 km and if you travel those 50 km too you will remain with 2 liters of fuel. Hope this help.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Not at all happy with the way you have to configure the 'fuel consumption' screen for the i-multi display. :(

Underneath the big 'instant fuel economy' graphic you have to select either average fuel/range/elapsed time/average speed. Ok so far.

Unfortunately, this choice is one of the 'customise settings' options from the 'vehicle menu' screen. This screen is only accessible "when the vehicle is at a complete stop" (page 111 of the user manual).

Annoying on many levels. But, also, if your low fuel indicator light comes on and you don't have 'range' already set for the screen, you'll have to pull over, stop and customise your settings to see how long you've got before you grind to a halt.
Its something that Honda were made aware of at a stage where it was apparently too late to change! I would have assumed it to be a simple computer re-programming issue but it seems not.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
9G. Wish they'd just replicated what was there for the 8G.

I'd agree that it doesn't sound like a difficult thing to fix. Hopefully they'll see the error of their ways and release a software update.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You dont have to stop.................

All you need to do dependant upon the model, is hit info, on the main head unit for the stereo/sat nav, and then select trip computer, and then the range of the tank is at the top right hand corner of the screen. Apologies if you dont have a model with the sat nav etc.......

But I do agree with you, does seem a little daft that you have to stop the car to change what should be a simple setting? Normally, the light comes on with roughly 40 miles remaining, and mine has been pretty accurate for the last 6 tanks!! Hope this helps?

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
This not being able to rotate round the various options like you can with the the 8G sounds like something that needs sorting ASAP.

When I do long journeys I do like to vary the display whilst on the move between average mpg and fuel miles to go.

Once the fuel red light comes on it's nonsense that you can't immediately flick to fuel range, without stopping, to keep a careful eye on it.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I was chatting to a Honda person about it a long time ago (before production) and it was sending him round the twist.

I didn't mention it because I assumed it had to be changed before customer cars were delivered... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is unforgivable! I was amazed when I discovered this design error.
My Civic 8G and Insight system was simple and easy to use. What about fixing this, Honda?

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
it seems i is being looked into as to what can be done with regards to the operation of the system.

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
I should hope so. I'll definitely be hanging on for this to be sorted.

They've got 12 to 18 months for me :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
good news folks......

I understand that it is not just the UK customers that are hacked off with the unfathomable Imid. Apparently the Germans are up in arms about not being able to check the range if they have been viewing something else without having to stop to change the display. By all accounts, a software fix is currently being written to sort this issue out........ Keep your eyes peeled.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
good news folks......

I understand that it is not just the UK customers that are hacked off with the unfathomable Imid. Apparently the Germans are up in arms about not being able to check the range if they have been viewing something else without having to stop to change the display. By all accounts, a software fix is currently being written to sort this issue out........ Keep your eyes peeled.

As per several posts above. it is being sorted but not immediately

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Design flaws and possible upgrades?
Are sure youre not talking about the 8th Gen Civic?
Remember the hand brake?
Door handles?
To name just a couple
Yes..Honda have rushed out the new model yet again!! :facepalm:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Better a design fault in "idiotic trip computer" than a design fault in engine like certain German manufacturer (which cost some owner up to 6000 EUR to fix!).

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Test drove a 2.2 Idtec a couple of days ago, and this is a big let down for me too, the functionality of the 8th gen trip computer far surpasses the crazy Imid. It does put me off buying one actually after the user friendly interface I am currently used to.....and I use it alot to page through the various information. Shame, the car is otherwise pretty damn good. Guess im going to wait and see if Honda sort this out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts