2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
アレックス
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!!
Unfortunatelly, I have a problem with my car too.
Every morning I use my car to go to my office. For about 30 minutes after the engine start, I face an akward issue. E.g. having the second gear in the gearbox and while changing to neutral in order to stop, the engine starts to tremble, because revs fall under 550-500 rpm. It is a step before the engine stops working. And while you think that it will stop, revs jump up to 1000+ rpm, and only after this, I got a normal and stable idle. Note that I use the expensive fuel of 100 octane, and filters, services etc are ok!
I am very upset!! What do you think?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Normal, mine does it also. But i am under the impression that it improves as the engine makes more kilometers. The trembling is just because the revs drop below idle (750), it trembles because the engine is about to stall so it injects a bit more fuel to keep the revs up and they jump up to 1000. I have had it many times in the beginning. I should not worry about it, unless the car actually stalls, then there is something wrong. Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Mine some times does this just after starting, but never after that. If it struggles like this even after 30 mins I think something is wrong.

Fuel filter was my first thought, but looks like you have already checked this.

Have you had it looked at by a dealer?

·
アレックス
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Normal, mine does it also. But i am under the impression that it improves as the engine makes more kilometers. The trembling is just because the revs drop below idle (750), it trembles because the engine is about to stall so it injects a bit more fuel to keep the revs up and they jump up to 1000. I have had it many times in the beginning. I should not worry about it, unless the car actually stalls, then there is something wrong. Hope this helps!
It s not normal my friend!!

·
アレックス
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine some times does this just after starting, but never after that. If it struggles like this even after 30 mins I think something is wrong.

Fuel filter was my first thought, but looks like you have already checked this.

Have you had it looked at by a dealer?
Yes. We have done even Ecu software Update, but the problem still remains. They cannot find any solution..

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Like i said, mine only did it in the beginning, eg first 5000 km. Now if i go in neutral, revs drop and stay at 750 (1000 when cold).
Even after a cold startup i dont get this trembling issue. How much km has your car done so far? I'm currently at 20800 km.

edit: see you already took it to the dealer...

The only thing that could be causing this is that you use 100 octane fuel, my dealer told me that the car should always run on octane 95 and definately NOT make exceptions on this (dont know why as i did not ask, ttoo euforic for getting the car). Try a few fuel tanks on this and see if it remains or goes away.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
mechanics should be able to change the revs idle level..
they can raise it to 1000 rpm..
ive had the same problems when waiting in traffic...
it starts to shake...
mine is also 1.8 type S

·
アレックス
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like i said, mine only did it in the beginning, eg first 5000 km. Now if i go in neutral, revs drop and stay at 750 (1000 when cold).
Even after a cold startup i dont get this trembling issue. How much km has your car done so far? I'm currently at 20800 km.

edit: see you already took it to the dealer...

The only thing that could be causing this is that you use 100 octane fuel, my dealer told me that the car should always run on octane 95 and definately NOT make exceptions on this (dont know why as i did not ask, ttoo euforic for getting the car). Try a few fuel tanks on this and see if it remains or goes away.
I have 28500 km! I always use 100 octane, but the problem occured in the last 2000 km

·
Administrator
19,173 Posts
I would say ' if in doubt, get it checked out ' :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts