2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must have seen 50 civics today on the way to Bradford.
If I wasn't spotted with my CIVINFO sticker on my back window today by someone it'll be a miscarriage of justice.

Grey Cdti with cool looking bloke sat in driver seat. No visible mods to car, just a sticker in the back window. Either on A174, A19, A1, M62, M606, Braddy ring road and back again on the way home.

Tell me someone saw me...I mean I cut enough people up, one of them must have been you !! :police:

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
I must have seen 50 civics today on the way to Bradford.
If I wasn't spotted with my CIVINFO sticker on my back window today by someone it'll be a miscarriage of justice.

Grey Cdti with cool looking bloke sat in driver seat. No visible mods to car, just a sticker in the back window. Either on A174, A19, A1, M62, M606, Braddy ring road and back again on the way home.

Tell me someone saw me...I mean I cut enough people up, one of them must have been you !! :police:
Well not me as I was between Long Sutton and Frome, ha ha, but I'll pass through Bradford-On-Avon Thursday if you like to whizz down there!:)

From ex-Bradford, West Yorkshirian

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
I know how you feel newt1. I feel like I'm all alone down here in Swindon. Even though there seems to be a civic every 5th car I see.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an idea of how to get noticed...I'll get a george cross on a stick and attach it to the window. People are bound to recognise me then ! lol

There was a Red type R or S that passed me on the A19 near the A174 turnoff this morning that had a real good look at me. It was about 06:40am he was going northbound. Suuuuuurely its someone on here. (I was on the southbound carriageway BTW)

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
That's true jimm lol. Just look straight ahead and accelerate. No eye contact. That's the key to the manic roundabout!!

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Well I travel weekdays around 8am along the A62/A644 to M62 Brighouse - then to Bradford up the M606 and on the ring road towards the university. I didn't see you though...

I've seen just as many civics in Bradford and never ever spotted a civic with civinfo on. And I thought it was pointless having a sticker, until I actually saw my very first civinfo member just yesterday!

(I've made a separate thread for that).

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
I see quite a few 'smart' Civic's around my area whose owners clearly take pride in its appearance.

As they drive past I always wonder if they are members here on the premise that if they take that much care of the car........

So far a 100% fail :(

·
Registered
116 Posts
I saw quite a few ctr/fn2 in Liverpool, a milano red driven by a nice lady, a couple of nhb/cbp-ctr, one is a chinese guy origin, and 3caucasian, and me, a filipino origin. not sure if they are a member of civinfo.
Maybe they didn't notice you because they're not a member of civinfo.

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
i thought i would join in on the not being spotted group..:(
on second thoughs maybe i need to slow down a bit to get be spotted.

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,601 Posts
i thought i would join in on the not being spotted group..:(
on second thoughs maybe i need to slow down a bit to get be spotted.
i purposely pull alongside and match other type R's speeds to have a little smile and a thumbs up.

unfortunately most arent happy about it and dont even wanna go for a zoom with me!

id notice you lollypop ;)

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I'd definately notice lollypop. In fact I have my binoculars out now spotting her lol

I went to Leeds today for another crack at being spotted. Doubled my chances. Oh I saw a Red type R or S on the A1 he followed me for a while, think he pulled onto the A64 turnoff. His number plate started LL09 I think but he was behind me so I was reading it backwards while trying not to crash !

I could tell he wanted to swap cars cos he was rite up my ar$e :rofl:

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
I never spotted a Civ member, the only people i see here in Civics are me, a 21 year old lad, and old people who embarras Honda by driving extremely slow, so no chance of a Civ member.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts