2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Anyone wanting to add an alarm and motion sensors to the inside of their civics because they don't come as standard to all but the top of the range civics this is the alarm to go for as I spent most of the day researching on what product you will need and why..

Firstly you who own 1.4's basic model Civics if anyone thumps your car smashes the window, will not set of the alarm, neither do you have audible chirps or beeps when arming or disarming the vehicle, these features are all available on the higher spec Civics &Type R.

So what do us mere mortals do who want the above like our more expensive cousins.

You can install A Cobra Cat 2-1 Compact Alarm model no 3868, with this alarm you will do the following change you factory fitted alarm and immobiliser to Cat 1, you will also be able to use your original car key to lock and unlock without the need for an x'tra fob to arm and disarm, you get motion sensors, Plip Upgrade, Thatcham Cat 2-1 Upgrade, Alarm Upgrade to existing Immobiliser & OE Remote, Ultrasonics - covering cab entry with exclusion facility, Panic Facility, Emergency Override, Anti Hijack Facility.

This is fantastic news indeed all fitted costs £225 thats with vat included, I just love the fact I will also have a very loud 138dB siren to boot instead of the poxy Honda standard horn, as an alarm...

There is no cutting into your car's wires with this unit, as the brain is in the siren in your engine compartment it gets wired into your existing alarm which is compatible with Honda's own. Though i'm going with door and glass sensors as well as automatic window closing feature when you leave it and arm the vehicle say when you get out on a hot day with the windows down and start walking away, those audible beeps will let you know the car alarm has been activated and the windows will automatically go up something you don't get with the standard system for us 1.4 common standard Civics..

If this has been useful to you then please drop by and say thanks... :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
What is about : automatic window closing feature.

Is this option with extra modul and cutting wires or not.It think thet automatic window closing feature is most interesting on this cobra.

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clifford 330x2 is the alternative

will it reduce my insurance?
It might reduce your insurance you can add window closure when locking your vehicle, i just went with standard alarm it is fitted and working fantastically. Money well spent, if i could ahve fitted it myself I would have now I have a backup if something goes wrong..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts