2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not been in accident BTW. But wondered if you was in accident and car was a right off, Not your fault. The other party had no insurance. Who pays for it?

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Your insurance pays out but it counted as your 'fault' as your insurance can't claim the money from the other party - this means your premiums will go up
ie you end up paying for it

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
I *think* there is a small government pot and you can make a claim/request for a pay out from it. But I don't think it's a very big budget and don't expect full market value.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your insurance pays out but it counted as your 'fault' as your insurance can't claim the money from the other party - this means your premiums will go up
ie you end up paying for it
Wow really? So I have to pay for my own car plus more from future insurance while the other person gets away with it.

This is justice how?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shouldn't there be some sort of monetary punishment for the uninsured driver?

Or some form of punishment?

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
There is an unisured drivers agreement that the Motor Insurers bureau has in place.

Which effectively is a pot of money that all victims of uninsured drivers can claim from... You may not get the full amount owed, but you will get something. Can also be a very lengthy process :)

·
IF SHE SMOKES SHE POKES
840 Posts
i was hit by an uninsurd driver a number of years back when i had the golf, my insurance company paid out and they took the guy to court to recoup the funds, however he never paid they went to the point of baliffs attending the home but it was a empty flat he was on benefits so attacment of earnings long story short ins company could not claim money back went down on my insurance as a non fault claim and preimium went up next time *******s

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
I *think* there is a small government pot and you can make a claim/request for a pay out from it. But I don't think it's a very big budget and don't expect full market value.
thats right , i heard also

1 - 12 of 12 Posts