2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...get it done!

Fitted mine yesterday. Couldn't be happier.

Cost me about £20 off eBay. Fitted with help from parscos excellent guide in the how to section. Got to be the best value mod available for the civic.

All gears engage better, including third. It has eased the third gear problems I've been having, although I'd be lying if I said third was now just as good as all the other gears cos it isn't. Third is still noticeably not quite as solid a change as the others as the inherent problem still exists (most likely synchro) but like I said it is much improved and gave me zero problems on an hour test drive whereas before it was giving me grief too often.

Should mention that I had to cut and file LOADS off the plastic section to stop interference. Reckon I was at it for an hour just doing this. Would've helped if I had a better file. Also reverse is maybe not quite as firm a change as I recall. It engages, but definitely not as good as the other gears. Strange.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
It's 1 of my favourites too mate paired with a skunk2 it's almost effortless 100% better than standard :)

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Agreed. Got a mugen shifter on mine. Beauty.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I have the TDi-North 'own brand'

They remanufacture OEM shifters (exchange basis)

Shorter stick and shorter throw - very slick piece of kit

·
9,228 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts

·
9,228 Posts
double post

·
9,228 Posts
Mugen have shortened the actual stick and threaded it to accept the standard gear knob.

This kit below shortens the distance the gear stick has to travel to engage the gear.

HONDA CIVIC FN2 FD2 CDTI TYPE R S QUICK SHIFT PRECISION SHORT SHIFTER ADAPTER | eBay

So in reality, you could by the above part for around £20 and then shorten the stick itself and thread it...
Actually, I don't know what the TDi version cost, as I had other work done at the same time, so just one cumulative labour bill

However, they did need to modify it somewhat, to fit my 1.8, so extra labour involved

What I do know, is that, fitted and with a Seeker knob, it's really slick and crisp

Black Shaft and a Heavy Knob ? - no Contest !!! :p

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Actually, I don't know what the TDi version cost, as I had other work done at the same time, so just one cumulative labour bill

However, they did need to modify it somewhat, to fit my 1.8, so extra labour involved

What I do know, is that, fitted and with a Seeker knob, it's really slick and crisp

Black Shaft and a Heavy Knob ? - no Contest !!! :p
I think the TDI one is pretty cheap if you do an exchange. £40-£50 rings a bell.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
9,228 Posts
Pic of mine

Attachments

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ordered a skunk2 from tegiwa last Wednesday.

Still waiting on it.

Ordered a bunch of stuff from other places at same time, all of which arrived by Saturday :(

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Pm them I ordered one on xmas day and they had some how managed to not spot it, they soon dispatched it took 2 days to turn up but it was well worth the wait

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Well a bargain at that price so i ordered mine today thanks cowboyjon for the review

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 30 Posts