2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
First Irish 06 ES.
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I know this is a bit of a weird one, but I was checking an old photo on autocar's website and realised that the ignition key is on the left hand side in the photo :confused:. Are there any cars out there like this? I know mine was a late 05 made 06 reg car, but the ignition is still on the right.

Honda Civic 1.8 - Picture Gallery - Autocar.co.uk

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Hey, I know this is a bit of a weird one, but I was checking an old photo on autocar's website and realised that the ignition key is on the left hand side in the photo :confused:. Are there any cars out there like this? I know mine was a late 05 made 06 reg car, but the ignition is still on the right.

Honda Civic 1.8 - Picture Gallery - Autocar.co.uk
Maybe it's a flipped picture of the "continental" version? (the one with the steering wheel on the left)

·
Registered
414 Posts
dont see how it can be flipped as all the controls would be on the different side too....seams strange.

·
First Irish 06 ES.
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was thinking about the conti version, maybe members in LHD cars can confirm. Unfortunately, the resolution of the image magnified doesn't allow me to see the writing on the gear stick/dash etc and was thinking the same as Ade.

·
First Irish 06 ES.
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would agree that it is flipped as the zero showing on the blue background of the speedo is on the extreme left in this pic, it would be to the right on a RHD civic.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
dont see how it can be flipped as all the controls would be on the different side too....seams strange.
But the controls are on the different side in the continental version - try Photoshop and flip it round, it fits my "continental" car (almost as I have no satnav)

·
First Irish 06 ES.
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apologies for this being in the Was it you section. Still a newbie to forums. Thanks for all the comments though.

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
Yes, it is a flipped picture. I saw immediately that one of the birds in the trees in the background had his left wing on the right, and the right wing on the left.
Can we sew the publisher of this photograph for misinformation and bird molesting?

[smilie=tongue.gif]

K.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts