2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just returned from local tip dumped the rubish but the wife refused outright to get out of the car!! Put the key in the ignition but it would not turn from zero position. In and out of the car locked and unlocked the car no joy. tried the key in and out a dozen times nothing!! began to think of a rescue programme tried one last time and it worked! Has anybody had sinular experiancs?? If so what was the outcome any comments would be welcome.:(

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Nope - but what has the wife got to do with it :confused:

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Was your steering lock on?? ie was the steering wheel turned when the car was turned off...??

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Was your steering lock on?? ie was the steering wheel turned when the car was turned off...??
"No, I definately didn't touch anything or move anything at all"...

"well, I did just turn the wheel a bit"...........

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
If the wheels were not straight then there is a possibility for them to try to 'centre' themselves. This causes pressure against to steering lock pin.

Turning/wiggling the wheel slightly as you turn the key should enable it to free itself.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
"No, I definately didn't touch anything or move anything at all"...

"well, I did just turn the wheel a bit"...........
Take it you have been asked this before then Dan :)

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Take it you have been asked this before then Dan :)
No, but working in the motor industry for 11 or so years sheds some light on the intricate workings in the male/female, who broke my car world.

When a car comes in with a bumper hanging off and the lady of the house states that she only just brushed something or that she never felt a nudge, you tend to rightly or wrongly judge the communication barrier that you are working with lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts