2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please advise me where I can find an ignition live. I am wanting to wire my DRL's so they come on when I turn the ignition on and go out when I put the side and headlights on. Cars 2.2 ES civic. If someone could supply a copy of the schematic even better

Simoncrnfrth

·
Registered
12 Posts
Some Drl kit have an aditional unit that connect directly on the positive of the batery: Link
Or you can do someting like this with a 12v relay

See my post here (google translate).
Sorry for my english!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some Drl kit have an aditional unit that connect directly on the positive of the batery: Link
Or you can do someting like this with a 12v relay

See my post here (google translate).
Sorry for my english!
Thanks for that i never thought of using the cigar lighter. Next hurdle is to get the wire from the cabin into the engine bay!!
Could you please post the images on here as they don't work on the link due to me not being a member of the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For the wire from the cabin into the engine bay you have to go under passager side and make a little hole close to a tube with wire. You don't have to disassemble anything! With a wire of iron make that hole and at the end tie the wire that go to the relay!

Out it's a sunny day and the drl's cost me 25€ from ebay and they are legal E4 marked!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the wire from the cabin into the engine bay you have to go under passager side and make a little hole close to a tube with wire. You don't have to disassemble anything! With a wire of iron make that hole and at the end tie the wire that go to the relay!

Out it's a sunny day and the drl's cost me 25€ from ebay and they are legal E4 marked!
I have brought the module for the DRL's off eBay from a company in Germany. They are E marked to E87 and TUv tested and certified. The ignition live is just an input and the lights will not be powered by this as the module is connected directly to the battery. Ignition wire just detects when the ignition is switched on and tells the module to activate the DRL's. Hope that make sense?

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[smilie=damn.gif] I'm sorry but I did not understand! I thought that you what to install drl without the module!
No sorry for the confusion. The module has battery positive and negative, DRL positive and negative and sidelights input and ignition live input. It detects when the ignition is turned on by ignition live input and turns the DRL's on but it is this ignition live input I am trying to figure out where best to wire it in!

·
Registered
12 Posts
No sorry for the confusion. The module has battery positive and negative, DRL positive and negative and sidelights input and ignition live input. It detects when the ignition is turned on by ignition live input and turns the DRL's on but it is this ignition live input I am trying to figure out where best to wire it in!
This maybe can help you! the ignition live maybe is the positive of the parking lights because the drl stay on only if the lights are off!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This maybe can help you! the ignition live maybe is the positive of the parking lights because the drl stay on only if the lights are off!
I'd need to look at a schematic to be certain but I'd say the positive of Parking light is live when the parking lights is on? Trying to think which parking lights you are referring too?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd need to look at a schematic to be certain but I'd say the positive of Parking light is live when the parking lights is on? Trying to think which parking lights you are referring too?
Work like a relay when the parking lights is on automaticaly turn off the drl! if that wire to the + of the parking lights is not conected the drl stay on all the time even if you turn on the lights and this is not legal!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts